Re: Fios TV app removed from my Samsung TV leaving my TV worthless to me
rent302

also- you might wanna change the status from "solved" to " no where close" since almost everyone in this thread is still having a problem.

0 Likes
VB23454
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

This is a peer to peer support forum. Verizon does not monitor it for technical issues.

Elizabeth, exactly where in Verizon should customers be raising this issue?  The issue is the removal of the FIOS app for Samsung Smart TVs.  What is Verizon's plan for this technology?  Is it being continued or not?

0 Likes
rent302

0 Likes
rent302

where are we at here Verizon???! New customers need to know if their expensive TV's will be supported or not. It's been more than a year since the problem manifested and still NO resolution or even offical response. Unacceptable!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon customers are welcome to discuss this topic, but it is unlikely you will see a formal response from the company here.  They do not monitor it for technical issue discussions. Moderators work only with the forum itself and have no internal information or contacts which could give you an update.

0 Likes
rent302

Elizabeth.....do you not work for Verizon??? Why not just answer our questions?!?

0 Likes
rent302

and there you have it.  new customers, this is what you have to look forward to.

0 Likes
rent302

Just to save other customers the effort and time- calling Verizon will be met with essentially the same response I recieved from the Moderator here in the "Technical Assistance" Forum.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rent302 wrote:

Elizabeth.....do you not work for Verizon??? Why not just answer our questions?!?

She does work for Verizon(notice the verizon logo), but as she says has no inside information.  Also the guidelines under which she works sometimes wouldn't allow her to discuss some things.  These forums are meant to be PEER to PEER.

As for someone else asking why is it marked as solved, that is because the original thread is old and was solved.  The new problems only began somtime in the last half of 2014.  It would have been better if a new thread was opened at that point.  HINT don't use old threads to report new problems.

rent302

Sorry! not buying that the Verizon Moderator in the "Technical Assistance" forum can't offer any service or AT LEAST useful information to customers on an major and ongoing issue that originally surfaced more than a YEAR ago.

0 Likes