Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working

Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 91 of 122
(4,370 Views)

It is unfortunate that the thread carried on past the OP's solution, but as the current discussion has been ongoing for some time, all comments and new threads would be merged here in order to provide a single source of information and feedback that is easier to find.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 92 of 122
(4,369 Views)

@rent302 wrote:

Sorry! not buying that the Verizon Moderator in the "Technical Assistance" forum can't offer any service or AT LEAST useful information to customers on an major and ongoing issue that originally surfaced more than a YEAR ago.

IT did not surface a year ago.  I would have to check to be sure, but I think it was around October 2014.

AND YES the Technical forum is peer to peer.  Sometimes the admins may point you to doc that solves a problem, but they will not comment about ungoing problems as those need to be opened as problem records.  Futures are not discussed until an announcement is made by the area responsible.

All Admins and the few techs here have a Verizon Logo of some sort attached to their id's.  CL's such as myself, are just customers.

Highlighted
Contributor markob50
Contributor
Message 93 of 122
(4,244 Views)

I wanted to pass on this help. It does not solve the problem, but it is a work around. I have a samsung 60es8000F tv, my app is gone also. The tv is a 2012 model, so who knows if this problem will be resolved for me or not.

So what I did is buy a roku 3 and installed it using  a cat 5 cable from my modem to the back of the tv, you can also use it wireless. Great little device. I can also use it to watch net flix in 1080p, and other things. Thus avoiding the smart hub if you wish.  What i am doing is using my cell phone and mirroring the fios app to my tv and I get all my channels. The Roku 3 requires firmware 4.4.2 as a minium on an Anderoid phone. Currently I don't think it is compatible with iphone. The Roku 3 costs about $100.00. Like I said this is not a solution, but a work around for the problem.

Copper Contributor VB23454
Copper Contributor
Message 94 of 122
(4,239 Views)

@markob50 wrote:

I wanted to pass on this help. It does not solve the problem, but it is a work around. I have a samsung 60es8000F tv, my app is gone also. The tv is a 2012 model, so who knows if this problem will be resolved for me or not.

So what I did is buy a roku 3 and installed it using  a cat 5 cable from my modem to the back of the tv, you can also use it wireless. Great little device. I can also use it to watch net flix in 1080p, and other things. Thus avoiding the smart hub if you wish.  What i am doing is using my cell phone and mirroring the fios app to my tv and I get all my channels. The Roku 3 requires firmware 4.4.2 as a minium on an Anderoid phone. Currently I don't think it is compatible with iphone. The Roku 3 costs about $100.00. Like I said this is not a solution, but a work around for the problem.

You are doing this because you don't have cable connecting to your TV?  Couldn't you just load the FIOS app for your cell phone and mirror that?  I tried the mirror function and I was not happy with it.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor dscotten
Copper Contributor
Message 95 of 122
(4,194 Views)

You folks have given us a great deal of helpful information. I did download the FIOS app on my ipad and I know it will download on the Android phone. My question here is: how can I connect it to the Samsung? (from the Ipad, 4thGeneration)...will the bluetooth connect it? I guess I could buy another Apple TV and mirror from my computer, but the resolutions aren't that great. I am afraid I am not very savvy about this. I also placed another comment on the facebook page...I encourage others to do the same.

@VB23454 wrote:

@markob50 wrote:

You are doing this because you don't have cable connecting to your TV?  Couldn't you just load the FIOS app for your cell phone and mirror that?  I tried the mirror function and I was not happy with it.

Highlighted
Contributor chewy61
Contributor
Message 96 of 122
(4,169 Views)

My FIOS app work for several months, now it isn't. And the app is still located in the store shopping cart.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 97 of 122
(4,137 Views)

@chewy61 wrote:

My FIOS app work for several months, now it isn't. And the app is still located in the store shopping cart.

MY FIOS APP is not the Smart TV APP.  I saw another thread discussing it and mentioning some were having trouble that was hoped to be fixed soon,  FIND THAT thread.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor mkstretch
Copper Contributor
Message 98 of 122
(3,970 Views)
I looked at the release notes for the latest firmware for my Samsung 40" smart tv. The release notes mention added support for Fios tv app.
Highlighted
Contributor chewy61
Contributor
Message 99 of 122
(3,954 Views)
I'm not sure what did it, but the application works now.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 100 of 122
(3,924 Views)

What model TV?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.