Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
mkstretch
Enthusiast - Level 2
Chewy did your app disappear?
0 Likes
patmart54

I would like to know know how you got the new FIOS app?  I have the same Samsung 40" TV and I've updated the TV firmware along with Samsung's smart hub and I do not see the Verizon Fios app.  I also ensure there were no other updates, restarted my TV, and checked for more Samsung firmware and smart hub updates and I was on the last version but no FIOS app.  

Even when I did a search on Verizon and FIOS no results showed up.

0 Likes
tony04171

I bought all smart samsung devices so that i can use the FIOS TV app.  It has all been removed from all samsung devices i have.... i have 2 samsung smart TV and 2 samsung Blue Ray DVD player.  There must be something illegally going on here. wonder if we can get verizon to reimburse me for my inconvenience.

0 Likes
patmart54

I checked last night in the Samsung app store and the FIOS app is not there.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV app removed from my Samsung TV leaving my TV worthless to me
rileysdad

Hey, I wanted to try the same setup, Can you confirm if an iphone or ipad could work with the roku? We only have iDevices in my house and i am in need of the fios app on a bedroom TV without a box. Samsung was an awesome option till this nonesense with the App started. 

0 Likes
chewy611
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated the firmware, then I went to the Samsung App and seached for fios.  I downloaded the app and it has been working fine since.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model TV do you have?

0 Likes
chewy611
Enthusiast - Level 2

MODEL: UN40F5500AFXZA

VERSION: TU02

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note fios app now shows up in the Samsung apps again.  (PN64e8000)   I haven't gotten it to successfully setup yet, but at least its there again.

UPdate:  Doesnt seem to complete download after a significant wait.  And doesn't show on another model i have (pn51e550).  But maybe its just a matter of time.

0 Likes
patmart54

I just checked the Samsung app store and the FiOS app is not there.

0 Likes