Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
VB23454
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tns_2 wrote:

Note fios app now shows up in the Samsung apps again.  (PN64e8000)   I haven't gotten it to successfully setup yet, but at least its there again.

UPdate:  Doesnt seem to complete download after a significant wait.  And doesn't show on another model i have (pn51e550).  But maybe its just a matter of time.

I have 32 in Smart TV, bought March 2014.  Updated the SmartTV to latest version, no App in the store.  There are a couple verison of App Store hosting software that Samsung uses.  I expect we have different versions and yours has been updated first.  Good news, let us know if it stays there and when it starts working.

0 Likes
patmart54

I even updated to the current firmware version to see if the Verizon FiOS app was installed but sigh... it was not.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As my update says I see it on one of my two "E" series (2012-2013) Tv's but not the other WHEN I search for FIOS.  But it doesn't seem to load. I had been doing weekly searchs ever since it disappeared to see if it would show up again. 

Here's hoping it is actually still be worked on.

0 Likes
patmart54

This has been broken for a while and I belive that Verizon doesn't want the app available on SmartTV's as it would to more people cutting the cord.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS APP isn't really cutting the cord. All it allows you to do is not rent a box or cable card.

You still have to pay the monthly service fee for TV service.

0 Likes
Tahir-Chaudhry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Opened ticket with Verizon tech support, most of thier tech support folks had no clue about the issue, finally one tech transferred the blame to samsung saying issue with Samsung and they have been working it. Got Samsung number but did not go through

patmart54

At least I could reduce the number of STB's in my house which is the point sort of cutting the cord.  The FiOS app works on my XBOX one w/o a problem.

@CRobGauth wrote:

FIOS APP isn't really cutting the cord. All it allows you to do is not rent a box or cable card.

You still have to pay the monthly service fee for TV service.

0 Likes
lspc20012
Enthusiast - Level 1

All,

This is what I got from verizon tech support:

This issue stems from an Akamai change that switched all traffic from SSL to TLS. Samsung has indicated that they are working on a firmware patch for 2012 models to support TLS. We are waiting for an ETA.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah.  Poodle strikes again.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA14-290A

Lots of people have turned off support of SSL.

lspc20012
Enthusiast - Level 1
So now Samsung is telling me they use XML binary encryotion and not SSL. I wish I could get a straight answer from Verizon. Looks like they're just making up excuses.