Switch Account

Samsung Smart TV remote function.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Samsung Smart TV remote function.

Message 1 of 4
(2,293 Views)

Just upgraded my TV to a Samsung UH6950.  It comes with the Smart Control for the remote.  I have an Onkyo SR309 receiver and the FIOS VMS1100.  I'm trying to get the Samsung remote to operate all 3 devices.  The Smart Control will operate the devices via HDMI-CEC or infrared.  I am currently set up to use the HDMI-CEC.  I have the VMS1100 connected to the TV directly and the Onkyo connected directly.  Both via HDMI.  At first, the TV, receiver, and stb would turn on all in one shot, and only the TV and Receiver would turnoff.  Now it is the opposite.  The TV and receiver turn on without the STB, but all 3 will turn off.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get these guys to work correctly?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung Smart TV remote function.

Message 2 of 4
(1,983 Views)

Does the STB have HDMI CEC? Because most, if not all, don't have it. Which really sucks since every device I own uses it (PS4, Apple TV, Samsung TV). 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(1,977 Views)

Don't bother to turn off VMS.

DOesn't save any energy when you do so.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,245 Views)

I currently am having the same issue with my smart TV (new). It is connected via CEC to an Onkyo home theater system. The TV recognized my 12 year old BD player as soon as I used it. It can't see the STB so I have to manually control the receiver to play the STB.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.