Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Saving Changes to the hidden menu

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Saving Changes to the hidden menu

Message 1 of 9
(3,668 Views)

I fixed a sound problem I was having by going to the hidden menu and selecting the L-PCM option. However, when I shut off the cable box by the power switch I lose the changes and must do them again and leave the box powered up. Is there a way to save the changes so that does not happen?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Saving Changes to the hidden menu

Message 2 of 9
(3,573 Views)

Hey by turning off the power to the cable box from the switch instead of from the cable box your resetting all the changes you made to the cable box so just trying turning off the cable box with the remote.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(3,537 Views)

Tried, still resets.. thanks for the help

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 9
(3,530 Views)

Hey we like you to try plugging the cable box power cord to another outlet not controlled by the switch and see if the cable still resets when you turn it off with the remote.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(3,525 Views)

ok, I may be confusing myself now..   the cable box power is by being plugged into the wall outlet. When you say "outlet not controlled by the switch" to what are you referring?

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 6 of 9
(3,518 Views)

Hey it sounds like the electrical outlet the cable is connected to is controlled by a light switch in that room where the cable box is located.   This means when you turn off the light switch it turns off the power to the outlets so when you turn the switch on it reboots the cable box that is why we ask if you can connect the cable box to outlet not controlled by the switch.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 9
(3,512 Views)

I understand.. the cable box is not connected to an outlet controlled by a light switch and it does not reboot unless I actually unplug it from the wall

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 8 of 9
(3,491 Views)

Ron, I don't think you understand what the poster is talking about. This doesn't have anything to do with the STB rebooting or being on a switched outlet.

The problem he is having, and the problem that I've always had, is that any changes made to the STB's "hidden menu" - the one that comes up when you press a combination of buttons on the front of the STB - are deleted/reset once the STB is turned on and off again. I've found that this always happens when you have an HDMI connection, because whenever you turn on the TV, the STB will reset its video and audio settings based on what it's receiving from the TV. There is no way to make changes to the video settings in the STB (i.e. SD override, video resolution, etc.) and have them stick once you turn the box off. They will always reset to what the HDMI handshake is making them.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 9
(3,484 Views)

Thanks, that is exactly what is happening. If there is not way to correct it, then so be it. Appreciate the help

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.