Schedualing recording on another DVR.
davonavo2

My Fios system includes two HD DVRs, in two different rooms. How can I watch one dvr/TV in one room and schedual a recording on the other DVR? My friend has this ability with his FIOS system. When he hits "record" a box pops up asking him to select DVR 1 or DVR 2. Currently we have to physically schedual the recording on the DVR in the other room, rather than "remotely".

0 Likes
Re: Schedualing recording on another DVR.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have MRDVR?

Ie can you watch what is recorded on another DVR?

If not, that is the difference. Adds about $4/month.
If you have subscribed to it, can you watch shows from one DVR to another?

0 Likes
davonavo2

I can watch what has been recorded on another DVR, but I cannot select which DVR to record to. It only offers recording on the DVR I am currently using.

0 Likes
lordofring
Enthusiast - Level 3

Scheduling recording from remote DVR will work on following conditions

from non DVR box :

1.Your remote DVR/s should have free space available

2.DVRs should have free tuners available.

From DVR - DVR

1.Your DVR should be 100% full to schedule recoring on other remote DVR.

i.e when you hit record button on DVR with available space , it will by default record on the DVR and wont show schdulle record on other DVR prompt .

if all the above conditions exitsts try for in home agent opeion "Auto fix common DVR issues"( since you are seeing each others recordings , i dont think you have issue with MRDVR.)

0 Likes
davonavo2

I can't get past the fact that on my friends FIOS network, with two DVRs, when "record" is selected, a box pops up giving him the option of recording on DVR #1, the one he is currently using, or DVR#2, the DVR in other room. Neither DVR is at full capacity, neither appears to be designated priority DVR. I believe although I have Multi Room DVR feature, I just don't have some setting correct. Would like to pose the question to FIOS technical support, but you know how challenging that can be. Don't want to get in and screw up a system that is basically working well.

0 Likes
lordofring
Enthusiast - Level 3

As i mentioned earlier, you will be able to schedule a recording in DVR 2 only when your DVR 1 hard disk is full.

your friend might be having a non dvr box and 2 DVR boxes and when he try to schedule a recording from non dvr box ,iit will show up the prompt to select DVR 1 or DVR 2 .I hope this clarifies.

0 Likes
davonavo2

I think you may be right. I tried this from my Non-dvr Office STB, but was only given the option to record on Den DVR. It appeared it only recognized the Den DVR and not the Master Bedroom DVR, both on same system. Th MB DVR was recently added, maybe not recognized as available. I will continue to clear up my problems, thanks for your help. All suggestions appreciated.

0 Likes