Scheduled Recording Problem in Qip7232P2

I am using a QIP722P2 HD DVR W/MCARD

I am recording several programs (2 to 4 hours) of TV-JAPAN (1769) and 2 other programs, ABC News (5:30 AM) and Chan 10 News (5:30 AM) every day.

The problems and the changes occurred recently are:

(1) May 21 2017 after SUCCESSFUL OPERATION OF 170 hours recording. I found the problem at 6:40 PM May 21 2017 9sun).

1) The following programs were scheduled to record at that time

(a) Tokoro-san 12:30 AM 05/21/2017

(b) 56th NHK CUP 1:50 PM 05/21/2017

(c) Good Morning 6:00 PM 05/21/2017

(d) Chan 10 News 5:30 AM 05/21/2017

(e) ABC News (NA because of Sunday)

2) All 4 programs (a) to (d) were listed correctly in the recorded list.

3) However, when I played back the 3 programs,(a) to (c) (from TV-Japan), DVR indicated PLAY but TV displayed blank screen and stopped the play-back after 10 seconds. The program (d) from channel 510 was played back correctly.

4) In order to record the next scheduled program I had to reset (boot) the DVR at that time.

(2) Recording Stops on May 24 2017 (Wed)

The following programs were not recorded correctly (same as (a), (b) and (c) in the case #1)

Pm 8:55 Science for every one

Pm 9:45 Hiyokko

Pm 10:00 Reverse

Pm Doctor G

This recovered automatically.

(3) May 28 2017 (Sun)

A Verizon Technician came to fix the problem. He was incapable to fix or isolate the problem

(4) May 29 2017 (Mon)

I chatted with Verizon. Verizon concluded my router was too old. Updated the router to FTTP4PORTHOME ROUTER REV1

(5) Recording Stops on June 14 2017 (Wed)

The following programs were not recorded correctly (same as (a), (b) and (c) in the case #1)

The problem started in the middle of the Science for everyone

Pm 8:55 Science for every one (from the middle)

Pm 9:45 Hiyokko

Pm 10:00 Reverse

Pm Doctor G

(6) Recording Stops on July 11 2017 (Tue)

Pm 9:30 Today’s menu

Pm 9:45 Hiyokko.

July 12 2017 (Wed)

Am 7:30 Hiyokko

ABC 5:30 am is OK

DVR had to be reset to recover

(7) Record Stopping on July 18 2017 (Wed)

The problem started in the middle of the Choices on How to Deal

Am 12:10 Choices on How to Deal

Am 01:00 Eat up  Farmers

(8) Recording Stops on July 21 2017 (Thu)

Pm 1:00 Morning Market

Pm 5:00 Good Morning Japan

Manually scheduled pm 7:00 Good Morning Japan, but did not start recording.

Clicked another program but did not start recording on both 1769, other channel is OK.

DVR had to be reset to recover.

(9) Recording Stops on July 23 2017 (Sun)

Pm 6:00 Good Morning Japan

Pm 8:00 Nagatora

Pm 8:47 Bakusho Mondai

Pm 9:15 Comedy

1769 was not displayed on TV. However. another TV, other STB  displayed 1769 correctly.

Resetting the router displayed the channel on TV but could not record them.

DVR had to be reset to recover.

Here are my questions for Verizon.

1. I have experienced the same problem since I was using non-HD DVR and replaced the DVR 3 times at least by Verizon suggestion. DO YOU THINK IS THIS NOT DUE TO DVR UNIT?
  2. I upgraded the router by Verizon suggestion. The problems occurs much higher rate now, before the upgrading a few time per year. The upgrading cost me about $100 per year. Should I replace the router?
  3. The problem occurs only on one channel not on entire DVR. The problem channel is the most actively using channel, 1769-TV-JAPAN. TV-JAPAN said they have not received this type of complains. DO YOU HAVE A SAME KIND OF THE PROBLEM REPORTED? According the Verizon Forum, DVR (QIP7232-P2) Records Shows but Won't Play 1/3 of Them Back reported the same type of the problem...   How do you think?
  4. I saved the bad recorded programs in DVR. The bad program files should contain detail data. VERIZON COULD FIND THE ACTUAL RECORDED SIZE, FORMAT, HEADER, etc. FROM THE SAVED PROGRAM FILES. CAN YOU DO THE TEST AND INVESTIGATION OF THE SAVED BAD PROGRAM FILES REMOTELY OR BY SENDING A CAPABLE TECHNICIAN?
  5. I had to used DVR RESET (Booting)  to recover from the problem. I could start recording a program of 1769 using  manual recording operation or resetting the router. These recover from the problem without the DVR reset but it is not consistent. The last problem on July 23rd showed that 1769 was not displayed on TV. But another TV, other STB   displayed 1769 correctly. This clearly indicates the problem exists in DVR-BOX. Resetting the router can display 1769 on TV but could not record them. As the result DVR had to be reset to recover.
  6. Should both Router and DVR be reset to recover from the problem?
  7. Should Router first then DVR be reset to recover from the problem?

HOW DO YOU THINK?

I HAVE SCHEDULED TO RECORD INTERESTING PROGRAMS FROM TV-JAPAN AND ENJOYED THEM EVENING WITH FAMILY.

THIS RECORDING PROBLEMS HAVE GIVEN ME AND FAMILY HARD TIME, MISSING INTERESTING AND EXCITING SHOWS UNEXPECTEDLY AND SUDDENLY.

I TRUST VERIZON PRODUCTS AND SEVICESS. PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP.

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled Recording Problem in Qip7232P2
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RemoteDVR,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes