Switch Account

Science Channel HD 622 Picture/Sound Quality Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Science Channel HD 622 Picture/Sound Quality Issues

Message 1 of 4
(331 Views)

Is anyone experience picture and sound quality on the Science Channel 622 HD.  We are getting picture and sound quality issues.    Channel 122 Science Channel 122 (SD version) works fine.

I also checked the SNR (signal-to-noise ration) in the System Information menus for this channel and it is reported as "fair", while other HD stations are reported as "good".  It appears to be an upstream problem and not with our home wiring as it is only related to this one channel.

If I watch the Science Channel 622 HD via my iPad, I experience the same issues.  It must be Verizon or maybe even the content provider for the Science Channel.

Here's a screen shot from my iPad.  It looks looks exactly the same when played through our set-top box on our TV.

fios_science_hd)channel_622_issue.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Science Channel HD 622 Picture/Sound Quality Issues

Message 2 of 4
(311 Views)

Might be an issue with your ONT. The problem is getting a tech out to replace it now. Tech aren't coming into houses now due to the pandemic. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(243 Views)

Why might it be a problem with the ONT if it only effects one channel? 

Respectfully,

SRFios

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(209 Views)

Some older ONTs will start to have this issue over time. Certain channel are grouped together on a specific frequency. A few may be affected where all the others are fine. Honestly there are a number of things it could be. The ONT, splitters, wiring, HDMI cord, or the box. it Pixelation show on your TV because of BER(Bit error rate) and your SNR may still look normal. Check diagnostics on Inband status look Uncollectable and Correctable and they should be zero. If a value is there that is why there is pixelation. You can try connecting the box directly to the ONT to bypass the wiring in your house. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.