Screen goes black periodically
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone,

I've been having an issue with my set-top box for a couple of months.  It's in the room that's less used, so it's taken me a while to report this, but every time I watch from that location, the same error occurs.  

The box is connected to the cable and receiver correctly.  I get a picture, I can use the box normally, but when I start watching a show or even pay for a movie, the picture will go in and out periodically.  I'll be watching, then the screen goes black.  This will happen for as long as I'm watching cable.

I've tested other media devices to make sure it's not the output device, but when utilizing the Playstasion, it works perfectly... not interruptions.

The box I'm using is the following:

• Model QIP7100-P2
  • Type DVR

Hopefully there's an answer to this.  Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks so much!
Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Screen goes black periodically
KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Follow-up:

I have tried the following:
1. Self-service app from the device
2. Hard-resetting the device

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds as though you have more than 1 stb.

If so, have you tried swapping them around?

That would tell you if it is the STB or not.

You say you have tried other devices.

Have you tried them using the same cable to the same  port on the TV?

KevinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have two STBs.  One is a DVR, the other is not.  Not sure if that matters or not, but I could try swapping them to see if it's the device and not the cable connection.

I don't have anything else connected to the cable (or any other device that would utilize the coax. cable).  I mostly mentioned that to show that it isn't the TV.  It's definitely the cable and/or STB, as other devices allow seemless video streaming.  

Thanks, I'll try swapping the STB tomorrow.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I mentioned cable, I meant cable from stb to TV.

If possible, try that as well. Would confirm cable and input to TV.

I have seen TV inputs go bad.

0 Likes
hawtsalsa413

I just got verizon service and my only STB is doing this. Was this ever resolved?

0 Likes