Switch Account

Screen goes dark with searching in bottom corner

Contributor
Contributor

Screen goes dark with searching in bottom corner

Message 1 of 2
(270 Views)

I have 4 set top boxes in my house and recently have been having issues with the one in my bedrooms.  The screen goes dark and in the bottom right hand corner it says searching.  I have unplugged the router, unplugged all the tvs and replugged them in and after a few hours it starts doing it again.  Sometimes it will be dark for up to 5 minutes and then it will start playing again.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Screen goes dark with searching in bottom corner

Message 2 of 2
(256 Views)

This sounds like the TV is searching for a video signal. It is like if you were watching a DVD and somebody unplugged the video cables from the back of the TV. It doesn't mean the verizon settop box has turned off or lost connection with Verizon service, but rather the settop box and the TV have lost connection with each other. This is just how it sounds to me from your description. try swapping out the cabling that connects the STB to the TV.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.