Just spent an hour and a half with a CSR trying to find out why my "search for show" option isn't working. She finally said that she got a message that there is a "group outage". I am not sure I trust the CSR when she says there is a "group outage". Anyone else having trouble with the "search for show"?
Here is what happens
I click the DVr button on the remote
Select Create Recording --> Search for show
I get the "Seach: By Keyword" screen
I select my letter and click the ok button and the letter never shows up on the search box.
We (the CSR and I) have tried every reset possible including resetting the the router and the search still does not work.
Solved! Go to Solution.
No, it seems to be working for me. I'm in CA (VHO 3). I checked all the search functions and they all seem to be working just fine.
Ours isn't working consistantly either. What I have figured out with troubleshooting is that if I open the search screen and it says "No Results" on the right, no characters will appear in the search line.
The problem is to reset it after doing 1 search, I have to go into the MRDVR troubleshooting, let that run, then I can do 1 more search. Resetting the box by unplugging the power and plugging it back in does not fix it.
This is a recent issue. Dread calling customer service to try and resolve the issue, so for now, I'm just selecting my shows to record from the Guide.
yeah customer service gave me the run around. I talked to one guy that said his "supervisor" said it is a known issue. They are sending me two new boxes to replace the ones I have
Having the same issue with three dvrs. Started last week. Spent 3 hrs on the phone with support last week. Yesterday a tech came out, checked signals, replaced router and splitters, reset all boxes, and no change. Called co-workers who had not seen the issue. Today, tech called back and said this is a bigger issue, not related to my equipment or cabling. Too bad customer support and the tech were not notified of the issue. Would have saved Verizon and myself plenty of time and expense. No ETR. I am in VHO1.
I am having the exact same problem with Search and resetting only works for one entry sometimes. I had a technician out yesterday and today for this issue and an issue with my router. Router issue was resolved but he had never heard of this issue and could not resolve. I really hope someone in Verizon monitors this board and can get this issue fixed. I have spent many hours on this and the router issue. At least they could tell the CSR's and the Techs and acknowledge on this board or somewhere that they are working on this issue.
Appears to have started working overnight. Verizon must have done something. I have two 7232s and one 6416. All three were having issues. Data is consistently showing up in the keyword search screens this morning.
yeah the 6416 that I have yet to swap out is working now. I am still going to swap it out because it doesn't have a esata connection which is need for the extra storage when img 1.9 is pushed
Our search feature starting working again on June 16th. It must have been a bug in the system. Thanks for resolving it, Verizon!