Search function - can't find talk show appearances anymore
shoesoffbootson

[I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, I couldn't find mention of it.]

If I search for a favorite actor, I'll get his or her filmography--in that horrid "here are big, often-redundant and not-really-useful pictures that you can't turn off because who needs all that pesky written info in a reasonably-sized font anyway" display-- but no info about talk-show appearances.  

It's not a search if it doesn't actually search everything.  Is this going to get fixed?  

0 Likes
Re: Search function - can't find talk show appearances anymore
elizar
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are so right! The recent update has totally broken the useability of search when searching for a specific actor/actress. The big posterboard display just adds more remote clicks to get to the info you actually want. It would be slightly less useless if the results were at least sorted by date. Anyways, I gave up on the search and loaded the TV Guide app on my Android tablet. Search works much better there.

0 Likes
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had raised this issue a few days ago, thought it was only me - http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Recording-keyword-search/td-p/769537.

Basically you can no longer search program content. I spent a long time on the phone and got a ticket opened, which was closed a day later with 'this functionality will be returned in a future release'. No eta.

0 Likes
shoesoffbootson

Glad to know I didn't just miss something!

One of my biggest pet peeves is change for the sake of change--why on earth did they think these various changes are not only positive, but SO good that we shouldn't even get the option to change it back or modify it? 

I'm not surprised that there's no ETA on a fix.  It's probably hard to get them to fix things they don't agree are problems in the first place.

0 Likes