Secondary Splitter Issues
gutman187

Hello All,

I recently began having issues with the guide and on demand not working at two of my 4 set top boxes. Scenario before Verizon arrived:

All 4 boxes are downstream of an 8-way splitter, with only 4 of the 8 house outlets being used. It might not matter how close the boxes are to the router, but just FYI

Box 1- Closest to router, HD box, fully functional

Box 2 - 2nd closest to router, HD DVR, guide and on-demand not working (no data connectivity message)

Box 3 - across house from router, HD box, downstream of additional 2-way splitter, guide and on-demand not working, (no data connectivity message)

Box 4 - also across house from router, HD DVR, the other box on the 2-way splitter mentioned above, fully functional

The tech arrives, replaces the 8-way splitter, replaces the gear on the outside of the house just to eliminate them from possibility, and now the new scenario:

Box 1 - still fully functional

Box 2 - now fully functional

Box 3 and 4 -one will work when connected to the splitter, but only if the other cable is disconnected FROM THE 2-WAY SPLITTER downstream of the 8-way(as opposed to only disconnected from the box and the other cable is left on the splitter). So only box 3 or 4 will work at a time, not together. When working, the one is fully functional.  Connect the other cable to the splitter, loses data connectivity.

The tech was baffled, tried 4 different splitters from different boxes.  He mentioned it was not a bandwidth or loss isssue from what he could tell, and was puzzled.  I hope this makes sense I tried my best to be detailed.

I'll be happy to provide other details.  Everything was working in the past, I don't know what changed to degrade something etc.  I was not messing with anything, it just went south on it's own. Honest.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes