Security hole with Digital Voice TV widget
clh6

Is Verizon aware that when you use the FiOS Digital Voice TV widget (available from the main Menu), you can listen to voice messages without having to enter a password?   Any guest/maid/service person in your house could do that.

0 Likes
Re: Security hole with Digital Voice TV widget
Justin46
Legend

@clh wrote:

Is Verizon aware that when you use the FiOS Digital Voice TV widget (available from the main Menu), you can listen to voice messages without having to enter a password?   Any guest/maid/service person in your house could do that.

Probably.

But for me at least, when I went to the Digital Voice dialog the first time, I was asked if I wanted to activate parental controls for that function. I said yes, and then when I tried to go to Voice Mail I was required to enter my PIN. That did not happen for you?

The way it works for me I don't see any exposure once Parental Controls have been activated for that function.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Re: Security hole with Digital Voice TV widget
clh6

Thank you for the response.  That is exactly what I would like it to do, but I don't remember ever being prompted to set up parental controls for that specific widget.  I can't find any way to turn it on.  How can I do that?  Note: I DO have parental controls enabled, but it is currently not enforced for the Digital Voice widget.  Suppose someone had originally said no to turning it on and now wants to.  How is that done?  

0 Likes