Select channels out in Redmond WA 98052
IanKen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I missed new shows this week, thanks to this. DiscoveryHD, History, Comedy Central HD. All out. Myabe others.

Tried to called support. From the sound on the line I was calling kerblamostan. After holding for an hour on the speaker phone I gave up.

Automated phone droid says there are some feeds out and they'll be back up by tomorrow evening. Looking at my list of failed recordings, that's about three days. The only time I ever had a thee day outage of anything from Comcast was after some epic weather event. This is pathetic.

At least the net is up and still fast, torrents FTW.

If this is the level of "service" I can expect from Frontier in the future, no thanks. I don't care how weak Comcast is, at least they answer the phone.

-Ian

Re: Select channels out in Redmond WA 98052
IanKen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I got though to a human.

They tried re-activating the cable cards. No dice. I'm missing probably half my channels.

I thought it might be a hardware issue on my end, but both cable card tuners are behaving in the exact same manner.

Very frustrating. The guy on the other end was "working with his network technician" and by that I'm sure he meant some automated system that he clicks on with a mouse.

What a joke.

0 Likes
IanKen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another day. Another re-hit session with phone support.

Arg.

Gonna ask for a truck roll next. But first I will re-install Win7 from scratch. Who knows, maybe some DRM/playready thing fell over. I've been running this box as is since RTM.

The transition from Comcast to FiOS was silky smooth, then "poof" it all got sideways.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

From the sounds of it, your useing a cable card and not a STB correct?

If so, then the only thing that Verizon can do with those is to reset it. There are no diagnostics because your not using their equipment. Just a decoder.

Do the channels say that your not subscribed or unavailable?

If not subscribed the cards may need to be reactivated.

If unavailable, then you may be having a cabling issue. Try disconnecting your coax cable from the input to the CC and then reconnect. This helps quite frequently.

If this fails. You will likely need a truck roll to check the signal on the line or to possibly replace the CC.

0 Likes
ElfNeedsFood
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems all channels over 100 (well, except QVC) are out up here in Snohomish. 

To top that off my "24 hour support line" is only open from 9 am - 9 pm EST???  Sounds like a change to my Terms of Service...

0 Likes
ElfNeedsFood
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the support line.  There was some sort of system-wide problem with cablecards on Tuesday (June 8th) and they had to reconfigure the card's services to get me running again.

0 Likes