Self-Resetting Set Top Box
WhoIs

Dear Verizon support team, 

The following is a copy of a post I made about a month ago.

The thread has been listed as "Resolved", but it isn't. I wasn't aware that the issue was being addressed - my apologies. I have set up the forum subscription settings for notification when someone replies. 

The issue has come up again recently (last week). Please address. 

Thank you.

--Unhappy customer

----------------------------------------------

This is the infinitith time this is happening...

I'd be watching TV... or NOT watching TV, and the Set-Top Box will just reset itself in a continuous loop until I unplug the thing, wait 5 minutes or so, and plug it back in. Then everything would be fine and dandy until the next incident - I don't know when, but so far, in the past month, it has happened at least 4 times to my knowledge. 

This has happened in the first set top box Verizon has given me.... and I requested a change, and they sent me a new one. Now after a month or two, the same thing is happening. 

While I've found a way to remedy it ... by unplugging and replugging the thing. But this is ridiculous. This has happened during the Euro Cup Final, and the Wimbledon Final. It is SO ridiculous. Why am I paying Verizon for aggravation? 

I've called Verizon so many times. They asked me to connect the set top box to another TV, and see if the resetting loop happens again. Really? I don't have time to sit there and monitor when the set top box will reset itself. And what if I don't have another TV?? I have no idea how Verizon can help me - send me yet another set top box? Or somehow fix it for sure? Or they can end my nightmare contract and set me free to go back to Time Warner!!

Has this happend to anyone else before?? And what was the solution?

0 Likes
Re: Self-Resetting Set Top Box
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We still haven't heard back from you or received a form submission. Do you still need assistance? Please reply back if so that way we can assist further..

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We have not received a response in reference to your issue. Please repost if you are still experiencing a problem. Tonya D.

0 Likes