Self install TV
milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an ONT and 1 Gbit FiOS internet.  I'd like to order TV.  Can self install the TV by connecting the DVR to the ONT?  The don't send people out to do inside installs right now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Self install TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's correct. There will be no change to the ethernet. That will still remain in place on the router's WAN port. The coax provides RF for the set-top box's video signal. The router's coax provides MoCA for the set-top box to get Guide and On Demand. 

All you need to do is run coax from ONT to a splitter. Then one feed goes to the set-top box and the other feed goes to the router. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. The coax will go from the ONT to a splitter In port.  Then one out to the router and the other out to the DVR. 

milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My router is the G3100 and I have a CAT5e cable going from the ONT to the router.  Verizon told me that I couldn't use the coax cable for 1 Gb speeds. Does that change how the FiOS TV will be installed?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's correct. There will be no change to the ethernet. That will still remain in place on the router's WAN port. The coax provides RF for the set-top box's video signal. The router's coax provides MoCA for the set-top box to get Guide and On Demand. 

All you need to do is run coax from ONT to a splitter. Then one feed goes to the set-top box and the other feed goes to the router.