Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Self install TV

SOLVED
milhans
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Self install TV

Message 1 of 4
(851 Views)

I have an ONT and 1 Gbit FiOS internet.  I'd like to order TV.  Can self install the TV by connecting the DVR to the ONT?  The don't send people out to do inside installs right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Self install TV

Message 4 of 4
(775 Views)

That's correct. There will be no change to the ethernet. That will still remain in place on the router's WAN port. The coax provides RF for the set-top box's video signal. The router's coax provides MoCA for the set-top box to get Guide and On Demand. 

All you need to do is run coax from ONT to a splitter. Then one feed goes to the set-top box and the other feed goes to the router. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 4
(821 Views)

Yes. The coax will go from the ONT to a splitter In port.  Then one out to the router and the other out to the DVR. 

milhans
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(770 Views)

My router is the G3100 and I have a CAT5e cable going from the ONT to the router.  Verizon told me that I couldn't use the coax cable for 1 Gb speeds. Does that change how the FiOS TV will be installed?

Edg1
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(776 Views)

That's correct. There will be no change to the ethernet. That will still remain in place on the router's WAN port. The coax provides RF for the set-top box's video signal. The router's coax provides MoCA for the set-top box to get Guide and On Demand. 

All you need to do is run coax from ONT to a splitter. Then one feed goes to the set-top box and the other feed goes to the router. 

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title