Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
JoPie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate the new FIOs guide. It is sluggish.  You cannot see what you were watching when searching through the guide.  The go back (last) feature is not working.   Someone at Verizon fix this mess.

BigR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything posted. This new guide is AWFUL. I’d like to see Verizon explain to ALL their current customers how this upgrade is beneficial and why it is so some better than the old guide. Up until now I have not regretted my switch from COX two years ago. Now this new upgrade is starting to make me wonder if I should look around. In my opinion this so called “upgrade” is a major “downgrade”. Come on Verizon, give the customers what they want and reinstall the old guide.

ak1760
Enthusiast - Level 1
 My husband and I are not fans of the new browser guide look and functionality.  Issues we have:
 - white font is really hard to read.  eyes blend into screen and is irritating. Miss having sports/movies/kids stations etc in different colors to call them out.
- Really dislike that when you browse other channels that the small box of what you are currently watching is no longer shown.
- "last" function is so slow. hate having to go to another screen before seeing the last channel
- Absolutley HATE that we have to "dismiss" ads for other shows when we are browsing
- seems to cut off the end of the show when I DVR them.
 - Video and audio go out of sync quite frequently
- can't scroll "fast" anymore with the page up/down button
Not happy at all with this new guide.  
plaut
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely terrible - please at least give us the option of reverting to the old guide.

My biggest gripe, in addition to no chaptering, no live PiP, and the useless pop-up when skipping, is that the detailed program information is at the top of the screen whereas the selection of the channel is in the middle.  That means you have to keep looking back and forth to see what is actually on on a given channel.  The old guide would expand the currently selected channel in place which was so much better....

seaspray1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with ALL complaints listed by other customers! I too, created an account just so I could post this comment. We.HATE.the.new.update! It’s simple, fix it or lose a customer (probably many customer’s).  We’ll give it a few weeks. After that, we’re gone! 

Viewer54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely! This was a awful change!

Viewer54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate that you removed the chapter function! It takes forever to fast forward through a recording and find what I want to see. Sports, talent shows, etc., NEED this feature. Also, if we fall asleep on a show we want to quickly get back to where we left off. This and the visual clutter disrupts sports when you skip forward have ruined the watching experience.  We WERE happy with Fios, but now not so much. Please correct soon or we may just be content with streaming services through our computer. 

JLS31
Enthusiast - Level 1

You started exactly our frustration with the new Fios changes.  Removing the chapter guide (up arrow that allowed the 10 min DVR scroll) is enough to make us want to switch carrier services.  I am a teacher and don't have time to forward 30 seconds at a time.  Didn’t Verizon do any testing with these changes?  The new guide is much too difficult to read.  The Now and Next is such a waste.  I am so frustrated and have wasted so much time trying to figure out how to go back to the previous version that was so much better.  

Dan781
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Guide problem probably associated with the update. I have my Guide set to display subscribed channels only. The HD version of the local Fox station (513) does not appear in the Guide even though it is clearly part of my subscriber package.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dan78 wrote:

I have a Guide problem probably associated with the update. I have my Guide set to display subscribed channels only. The HD version of the local Fox station (513) does not appear in the Guide even though it is clearly part of my subscriber package.

You may need to call customer service and have them reset your account. That usually clears up that kind of problem.

0 Likes