Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
JerryB2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I run my dvr media box through my audio receiver. Since the update i can no longer see the volume bar on the tv screen, wth?  Anyone know how to fix this? 

PGNYC
Enthusiast - Level 2

This lousy update is where you decided to spend money, you can’t see the show you are watching anymore while searching. You can’t change the view of the guide. The guide is also hard to read. 

why? 

New Channel Guide is horrible
TomGMiner
Enthusiast - Level 1

As others have said in the thread you closed the new Channel Guide released in Sept 2020 is worse decision made - as mention categories used to be different colors which made it easier to find what one was looking for ie: movies in red. With everything black and white I find myself getting lost as I scroll, removing the PiP in the upper left for the channel you were watching while looking through the guide helped with not losing track of what you were watching, this whole outlook to what's on next after the current broadcast on the channel after you select to watch is just annoying. 

xsarabella
Enthusiast - Level 1

After taking to Twitter to complain about how disgusting the new guide is, I found 12 pages worth of complaints here and I just had to create an account. We need to let Fios know exactly how bad they messed this **bleep** up. It’s absolutely horrendous. I don’t know who got paid to design this and worse, who approved this, but it is garbage. You can’t even read the guide because the text is so awful, then instead of the live video of the channel you were watching before bringing up the guide, they replaced it with a PHOTO from the show itself, and then put the video BEHIND the guide so you can’t even see it. THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE FIOS! 

It’s bad, it’s REALLY bad, and so many people are not happy. WHY did you feel the need to do this? We pay way too much money to be this unhappy. Fix it or offer us a setting so we can change it back to OUR preferred view, not yours. 

Mheadforever
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update is HORRIBLE! It's enough to make me cancel fios all together.

--First off, the TEXT IS SO SMALL I CAN'T READ ANYTHING: channels, words, etc.

--The colors and lack of graphic clarity also make it incredibly difficult to read. Who designed this interface???

--you can't sort out channels you dont watch.

--i don't need a guide taking up my whole screen. I liked the quick access bar on the right.

--no picture in picture. **bleep**?

--i upgraded my boxes this year just to avoid this updated guide...and now you forced the update to all.

If this doesn't revert back, I'm done. Switch it back Verizon, and listen to your customers. It wasn't broken.

ari221
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update should be rolled back asap. It is confusing to use and response time is slower the the old system.

You have killed a good guide and info option. 

sasquatch2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Miss being able to view a single channel’s lineup in vertical mode (like one could do by pressing Guide 2x). IMO, this is a big fail for Verizon. 

I also miss chaptering of DVRed programs. 

Re: Recent Update Problems
rgsid
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have lived with Verizon for 20 years but at best this roll out seem less than half baked at best - the loss of features I use very day especially chapter and the ability to create series recording with options vs now having to go through multiple steps certainly pushes us to cable cutting or the competition.  

judaspriest1
Enthusiast - Level 1

totally agree with the comments already made.  this change is garbage and there is really nothing that I like about it...literally zero improvements with a whole host of negative changes. I had used the up and down arrows to get a smaller version of the full guide. could watch tv with this while I looked at other channels or looked into upcoming shows. 

Please VZ.....give us the option to revert back. 

Shhnappa
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has got to be the worst attempt at advancement I've ever seen. This actually takes us back so many years. It wasn't broken!!!! You charge us enough, then you decide to make stupid changes like this. I would list all of the pitfalls of this update, but there are already 12 PAGES OF THEM!!! You dont understand what customer satisfaction is all about. You need to ROLL THIS BACK, but for me, it's too late. I have given my hard earned money for 20+ years to you people, BUT NO MORE, you have lost a customer over A VERY STUPID UPDATE!!! It really is that simple