Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Yvonne1028
Enthusiast - Level 1

I created an acct just to make this complaint. It is that bad. This reminds me of the awful TVs in hotel rooms with the awful guide on those TVs. 

Where's the color coding for movies and kids programs. That was great. I was upset already when they got rid of the cast info. But this... this is awful. Now you can't keep watching the program while you search for other things to watch. It's hard to read. 

There isn't ONE thing good I can say about this update. Please do something about it!!!!!

Re: How to get live tv to show in corner of guide?
Tvguru
Enthusiast - Level 1

I miss that feature the most!! Why why ? Why change things for the worst ? I asked and we can’t get that feature back . Im

seriously considering changing to another provider . 

NYsoundwaves
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Tech support to see if I could fix it with setting but the tech guy was very nice but seemed surprised of my issue.

I hate the new look, not just because it takes up half the TV screen but because it make changing channels so slow now and harder to surf.

Verizon, at lest give us the option to say we want it or not.

The reasons to cut the cord are stacking.

NEC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's clear Verizon did zero user testing on this new guide rollout.  It is truly the worst designed I've ever encountered.  Why do we have to have 1/2 of the screen telling us for 5 seconds what we're watching AND what's on that channel in the next 2 hours??????  Why are ALL program types the same, so instead of knowing red means movies, etc.  we have to click to see "is that a move or a show"???   WHY???  Oh but wait.  They have filters.  OK.  Have you seen them???  Pathetic.  

Verizon - LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR ONCE.  RETURN TO THE OLD GUIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!

FDot1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree with all that has been said so far.  My two biggest issues with this change, and I've only had it for a few hours now are:

1. The lack of Chaptering for DVR'd shows.

2.  The "new" guide lists all channels as being "TV".  If I don't know the number of a particular channel, I have to scroll through them all separately and highlight each one to see what channel it is.

I did read on a different thread that the Chaptering option was supposed to be listed under the DVR settings, yet it clearly isn't.  I would rather hear that Verizon is working on fixing that issue than hear that they are mystified as to how that happened.

Tigger21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too just created an account to complain about the new guide. We are 72 & 80 and set in our ways. We were able to easily record a week's worth of programming using the guide double tap to scroll through the hours of any channel with the channel button. Now it is impossible. Once we even get info on a program there is no way to return to where we were in the guide. I was a software engineer for 28 years and did lots of development and testing, right down to the user manual. No one could have tested this version. It is complete garbage. It is unusable and Verizon should be ashamed of itself. 

Re: Ok, it's unanimous that the new guide is terrible, BUT WHY??
ROCKJAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

the guide is so TERRIBLE!

GoldenOldie
Enthusiast - Level 1

The old guide was much easier to see, navigate and deal with. There should be an option to return to old guide. Bland, dissapointing, and frustrating to keep being thrown back to the ‘new guide check it out ‘page.  Why you didn’t do a trial run, will never understand. Could have saved us grief. 

dmt8701
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Update is absolutely awful.  Please roll it back!

Mikeoldfiosbett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like many created an account to share my frustration with these changes. The guide feature was one of the main selling points of FIOs, along with the speed of loading. Now it is very similar to Optimum in its clumsiness and style. This is horrendous! The guide is almost impossible to view. Where are the names of the channels? I don’t want to spend 5 minutes searching for them.

the banners are absurd!

bring back the old one!!!