Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
WorstGuideEver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had Fios for over 11 years and this is the first time I've ever considered switching to Optimum/Altice. The new guide is horrible. All of the useful features have been eliminated and the new features are worthless. The channels aren't listed in the guide, just the numbers. You can no longer see what you're watching in the guide. DVR functionality is worse. And just about every function lags. This was a terrible upgrade all around. I hope Verizon fixes this quickly. I imagine that this new guide was tested before it was released. What I can't imagine is how any one at Verizon thought that it was an improvement. 

Jakkkkkkkk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used a 30-second skip to watch football. The times are perfect with the 30 second clock. Until now. why would anyone think it's a good idea to put a graphic right in the middle of the television screen? Also, the solution often of changing the display from 8 seconds to 2 seconds does not work on my receiver. I have no menu option for that. There was nothing wrong with the prior guide and it was actually much better. Instead of becoming simpler and easier to navigate, every update seems to make everything more complicated.

M-2-S
Enthusiast - Level 1

The man who set up the new guide should either be fired or they should send him to Alaska to work the cable companies there because this guy had no clue he totally destroyed the FiOS experience with this guide

GBTV-ONE
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide (Sept 2020) is the absolute pits!  Who thought it was a good idea to remove the picture-in-picture video of the currently playing channel from the Guide?  Were there that many complaints about this feature? This could have been left as a subscriber enabled option. How about font size options (number of rows per screen) so that ALL of your viewers can read their guides. Its 2020 Verizon, where are all the user customizable guide options? We are way past one-size-fits-all UI's for media organization.  One of the primary reasons I did not move to slingTV or one of the other TV streaming services is because I did not like their flat lifeless guides. Well this guide is worse than the worst of those.  At least give us options to add back the features and functionality you removed.  And please debug and performance test this atrocious code. Since the "upgrade", all of my boxes have terrible lag and latency in all functions. Sorry, but this guide is an epic fail on all levels.

Robnyc987
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - your new guide is terrible.

(I) Its too slow.

(II) when I turn a channel a huge box shows the name of the show and the channel for way too long and its way too large on the screen

(III) The layout is busy.

There are other things I will list later.  I'm still too in shock to logically comment...

garyr61
Enthusiast - Level 1

the new guide is almost unusable. how/why would they remove chapters? why remove color coding, to click guide on a show I am watching and see that channels entire lineup?? That was a great feature.

now, a quarter of the page is filled with a banner...showing the channel I am on...I KNOW WHAT SHOW IS ON...I HAVE IT HIGHLIGHTED IN GUIDE. I dont need another banner telling me that..with wolf blitzers picture.

I dont need to see "for free, fav 1, fav 2" on every page

verizon..you ruined a functioning, working guide..

dmgphd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything posted. This update is truly AWFUL!  There is not a single change for the better, only for the worst. Please fix or roll it back!!!

Fairylady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wholeheartedly agree with all the errors & problems that the new guide has but there is one more problem that nobody mentioned. It was that we were able to see 3 hours of programming on the old guide but now with the new guide & its big fat channel logos we can only see 2 hours of programming without side scrolling. Bring back the old guide!

Derek110
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is utterly horrible.   Please fix.

Unhappyfioscsr
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is the worst one they have come out with. No functionality, no live picture in the upper left hand corner.