Worst "Upgrade" Ever!
All these comments are spot on. Everything that was changed is for the worse.
The monochrome is nearly unreadable.
The tiny logo pics are a waste of space.
Lag is brutal.
One thing I didn't see mentioned is while watching a show, you now need to press 'Info' 3 x to get to the full info page and then press 'Exit' 2x just to get out of it.
Why wouldnt they make a new guide as a choice till the bugs are gone!!!!
10-04-2020 05:51 AM - edited 10-04-2020 06:23 AM
Fios.... did you decide to do the latest guide update to match the hell that has been 2020?
if so. Great job! It is horrible!
I can’t even see the print because it is so small.
You got rid of the color coding that let you know if it was sports, news, movies, etc.
The skip button is a joke.
You got rid of the PIP screen so now we can’t see the small window showing what we are currently watching while using the guide! It’s very frustrating!
Why is there so much garbage popping up when you try to change a channel? Too much info is not always a good thing! I miss a lot of the show waiting for that stuff to go off my screen.
I liked being able to
hit the Last button and go back and forth quickly from one show to the next, but you screwed that up really good.
My remote is so slow now. I can hit On Demand and take my dog for a walk waiting for a response. It’s really not just On Demand..... now my remote is not recognized a lot of the times and I have to wave it around like I am casting a spell.
if I could actually cast a spell I would change it back to the way it was. Since you can’t Roll Back an upgrade you’ll need to come up with a new upgrade that looks like the past version.
I have lost my patience with this upgrade and although Fios has been my Go To cable provider for decades.... this upgrade has made me seriously think it is time for me to upgrade to another service provider.
I suggest you fix this latest upgrade back to what your customers like or you will lose a lot of them. I’m not going to use binoculars to see my TV lineup.
Fire the idiot that came up with this interface and fire the idiot that approved it.
The update has made watching TV and especially DVR playback very frustrating (laggy response, unreadable guide, chaptering and skip functions useless). I have been contemplating cutting the cord, but this is making my decision to go all Roku very easy and it will save $$$.
There are some nice new features but I agree some key things are missing:
1. THE ABILITY TO VIEW THE GUIDE AND SEE THE SHOW YOU'RE VIEWING IN A SMALLER WINDOW...!!!
2. Chaptering on recorded shows and the ability to skip 10min ahead and backward
3. Single channel line up. Viewing everything upcoming for 6-8 hours from 1 channel on one page without having to scroll is very helpful.
These are features I use or used daily and would love to have back...
- The text is way too small and there are too many lines. For people who have trouble seeing, shouldn’t there be a requirement to have an option to increase text size? I explored the Accessibility settings and there is nothing.
- Bring back the color coding.
- The pictures of the currently playing tv shows on each line of the guide screen are also useless at such a small scale.
- The pop up info that shows on the bottom of the screen after tuning to a new station makes it very difficult to tell what station you are on.
- Switching between Favorites 1 and 2 requires you to uncheck one of them or else both sets of favorites display. That makes no sense.
Just Horrible Now you can't tell what is a movie channel or a sports channel. I guess they had a bunch of people who cant see. I just need to know is the team who created this that stupid? Unfortunately nothing will change because its verizion and they do what they want with no ramifications. We Are All screwed unless you switch to another provider.