Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
AAByron
Enthusiast - Level 2

- Why in the world did they take away the chapter function for recorded programs on the dvr?

- Why is the latency for Prev/Next that takes you back 10 seconds so long? It appears to be about 10 seconds before the latency screen disappears, so if you are watching the news and trying to read the scroll at the bottom of the screen, you have to go back 30 seconds or it is blocked...just why?

-  Why would they remove the ability to view a single channel lineup in the tv guide? Is the point to try to make the guide harder to view? If so, they succeeded...the new improved guide is beyond confusing.

- Why is it that every "upgrade" makes things worse for the consumer? If it is not broken, don't fix it!

HarlemD
Enthusiast - Level 1

HORRIBLE update!! Watching television is supposed to be relaxing. Instead it has become so stressful. Why set an update that the customer has no control over their preferences . You’ve taken away all our options. TV is so slow to change. Numbers are dropped when changing the channel. The guide us the worst. Now I cannot browse the guide and watch tv at the same time. I’m will definitely start looking over mail I receive from other companies. 

AAByron
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I don't need or want to view the info bar when I'm skipping back and forth. Every time I skip ahead or back, it stays on screen for 8 seconds."

It's awful. If watching the news and trying to read the scroll at the bottom, you have to go back 30 seconds because otherwise that idiotic info bar blocks the bottom of the screen.

What overpaid fools on a committee decided these 'upgrades' were a great idea? There is not on change that does not make the consumer experience worse, not one!

GrayOwl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same! I created an account just to complain about the new guide. It’s that bad! The font is so tiny I can’t read the channel numbers unless I get up close. So frustrating!

Can I revert the smart guide to previous version?
McNoodle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I revert the smart guide to previous version? I don’t like the new format at all. 

JohnEHammerStix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolute worst “update” ever. Sluggish, counterintuitive and frustrating.   Please fix or go back to the way it was.  

Annoyed67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Remote is soooo slow now.  How did anyone think this was a good idea? Also, the guide is so difficult to read.  Updates should be improvements not detriments.

angrycust1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot get through the hundreds of posts on this  but I am sure this has come up.  I think the worst part is when you use the quick guide (press down arrow).  You used to be able to type in a station number and the mini guide would jump to it.  Now it turns to that channel and which is beyond frustrating.  Especially if watching shows on a couple of channels and not recording you end up losing the ability to back up and watch what you missed.   The sluggish response on the TV to remote control commands is unacceptable.  I have been a Verizon customer for more years than I can remember,  but I am really thinking about leaving.  The website is awful to navigate, the AI chat terrible, and they charge us ridiculous fees each month.

Re: New Fios Guide
BooFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely AWFUL!  It was not broken. 

TooShort1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The color coding was definitely a big plus. This new guide is very cumbersome and busy. Reminds of my sons classroom at the eND of the school year!! Way too much going on and not enough of the basics.