Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Oz34
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree with everything here. The update Fix has broken something that didn’t need to be fixed. It’s much slower and good functionality is removed. Even the previous update that made it such that the “last” button would show the previous several channels as opposed to just switching to the last one was bad. It’s very slow and defeats the purpose, I don’t use it anymore.
Verizon: Please just revert to what it was last year. 

Re: Recent Update Problems
Sneeho
Enthusiast - Level 2

You also used to be able to use the right pointing arrow to search for movies or sports, etc. I tried the "jump to" selection after hitting guide twice but that will only go to a predefined section of channels (740-759). This will not display all movies that are airing now. That loss of functionality along with the lack of color coding, this guide is pretty useless to me. The last upgrade was pretty poor but I recall their being a way to stay with the older version. I'd give anything for that now!

New Guide Set Up 10/7/20
TamMeds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this but I HATE the new guide set up. It is not easy on the eyes. I can no longer see what is playing while browsing. I can no longer use the left arrow button to go back a screen to get to the main guide so I have to keep looking at the remote to find the last button. Can we have a way to revert this?? So annoying.

AnthonyP1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes this stinks!

AnthonyP1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can no longer easily see the Channel number or the logo ...............they are now  way too small

PaQuilter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate the new guide and the loss of functionality. I am so glad I haven't renewed my contract. Why do techies always think they know better than the customer. I think it's time to cut the cable tv cord for good. 

Tammers1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HATE the new channel guides!!!!!

Movies used to be in red, sports in green, etc!!!! Now it’s all BLACK & WHITE!!!

My Favorites 1&2 all mixed together!

You made everything so much HARDER & MUCH MORE COMPLICATED!!!!

Updates should make things better, but rarely do as in this case!!

Time to drop Verizon and switch to Comcast! 

chrish57
Enthusiast - Level 1

HATE the new guide. The look is awful!!! They remove the color coding which was very helpful. Doesn't tell you the channel just the number. The icons on the left are way to small to be of any use. I absolutely hate it. I am no longer under contract, this may make me switch back to Comcast.

MikeMet22
Enthusiast - Level 1

SLOW and FRUSTRATING ENOUGH TO QUITE THE SERVICE.  It is as though they tried to do too much with something that just does not have the processing power to support it.  I have to try 3 - 4 times when keying in a channel.  If you type fast, it drops #'s, if you type slow, you time out.   If you try to skip forward 30 sec and hit the skip button more than once without a 2 count in between commands, the box responds with commands that were not requested.   Not sure how this can make it from the workbench to production in this state.  Don't they test these things?  So slow, and so bad that I will be changing service as the TV experience is now that frustrating. 

HelloItsMe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new set-up is awful, how do you get rid of the information bar on the screen?