Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
natman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is FIOS trying to drive customers away? During a time when people are moving off of cable, to use other platforms, Verizon is encouraging people to leave them with bad executive decision making. There was nothing wrong with the Guide.

This so-called upgrade was only done by someone trying to justify their salary. If FIOS doesn't change things back to normal, I'll look into dumping their $2xx monthly payment. 

mycrowsquish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also used to be able to click "up arrow" on the remote and get a small guide to the right so i could still watch a show, but surf to a new channel. Great for finding something new to watch while the current show is still on.

Can't do that any more. There is no function. Up Arrow brings up a horrible looking guide for the current channel and if I enter another channel, it now changes (slowly). I don't want to change the channel yet. The right arrow function of selecting categories of channel is also gone. Useful when i want to select from sports channels or movie channels, etc.

This is a TERRIBLE UPDATE.

i've already had to disable the "last channel new feature", though nice to see the last 5 channels, because it was incredibly SLOW.

i also hate watching any "on demand" shows using FiOS. the controls are very slow. Hit pause and 5-10 seconds later it will react. Horrible if I have a phone right or have a fast interruption and need it to top. 

this is getting to be enough to get rid of FiOS and cut the cord.

RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

No 'chaptering' now???!! So I'm supposed to fast forward through half a movie I partially watched and recorded? This is about 15 years out of date now. Might well be time to cut the cord and go apps only. 

riffin-rich
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS IS JUST ONE REASON WE HATE VERIZON! You couldn’t provide a menu option or setting to let your subscribers choose between “this new really crappy guide” and “the previous guide”???  Really? Did you even consider employing a survey to let users provide feedback on your crap UI? NEWSFLASH:  YOU MADE IT WORSE! It’s harder to read than it was before. Pictures next to each of the channels? Are you kidding me?  I am RAGING RIGHT NOW. I turn the TV on to relax after a long stressful day and now you have induced stress. Nobody in the household likes the guide.  

Verizon, you suck.  Roll it back already. And get rid of the 8-year old that came up with this design. Unbelievable.

Ed_D
Enthusiast - Level 1

New guide is absolutely a mistake!!! I agree with above in that it wasn't broken, why change it?  The new format is much harder to read and find what you want as it is all one color now.  Before it was nice and easy to see movies (in red), sports (in green) and other shows (blue).  Now I cant tell where I am at in the channels as the channel logos are too small to see.  Bring back the colors and make logos bigger.

Grainger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't see the guide, the letters are small and the screen is too busy.  Loved the fact that I could page down quickly and now that is gone.  Everything I liked is gone. I dread using the guide now to find something to watch.

At my son's house I saw his Comcast guide and it was beautiful.  If the problems with this new guide aren't fixed, I'll probably go back to comcast.  

popopbob
Enthusiast - Level 1

The New guide went backwards ten or more years! Channel numbers and print are too small. I miss the colors for genre. Please go back to the easy to use format! This new one is terrible.

Hey, Verizon -- anyone there???
RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon --- are you reading these comments? I don't see any replies, feedback, comments from anyone at all. With this kind of avalanche of negative feedback one might think you'd at least offer up some sort of reply. Or, lacking that, admit you've jumped the shark here and fall back to what these thousands of customers actually found useful. 

riffin-rich
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here’s an interesting metric:  how many of us created a log-in so we could tell Verizon how bad their guide is?  Flipping through the pages of comments, it’s obvious that quite a few of us did.

Adagio031
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Verizon for an epic fail!  The new TV guide is horrible!  It’s extremely difficult to see the channel number on the left side, color coding has been removed which indicated movie channels or sports and the font size is considerably smaller.  Please bring back the old guide!