Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
danno_
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon FIOS guide was updated tonight - it is absolutely horrible. First 5 minutes with the guide:

• The font is difficult to read
  • Channel numbers are tiny
  • Cannot watch tv while looking at the guide - no picture in picture like the old guide
  • Some of the fonts are so small they can't be read
  • The icons for the channels are very difficult to read
  • It is slow to respond
  • The free to me option is kind of insulting considering the monthly cost
  • You cannot exit the guide without selecting a channel, which causes a delay

I'm afraid of what else I'm going to find. I'm not happy and I am seriously thinking about dumping verizon Fios.

Goalie71
Enthusiast - Level 2

This atrocity just invaded our TV, and I'm totally beside myself. Okay, everyone in my house is healthy, the dog hasn't run away in a few weeks, and my belly is full, but this awful "upgrade" makes me forget all that. Like everyone else I miss the color coding on the guide, the channel names and numbers are too small for my old eyes to read, and the whole thing is plain ugly. Adding insult to injury, I switched to my DVR to see what horrors awaited me with that interface and I can STILL watch the program that's currently on while browsing there. Why, why, WHY did you take that feature away in the guide? 

I was willing to chalk up the snafu with the Last button to a one-time mistake but bad design is becoming a trend at Verizon. If this isn't fixed soon I guess I'll have to start paying attention to those endless Spectrum mailings I get.

DCJersey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the upgrade today and its more of a downgrade than anything else. PLEASE BRING BACK THE COLOR CODING ON THE GUIDE. 

EllainVa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m trying to find a customer service address to send an actual letter. 
Neither of my elderly parents can use it. 
I can’t get the summary of the show, I can’t tell if it’s a movie.

This is so AWFUL that I will cancel my service over it. 
I wonder if they bothered to beta test it.

It took something useful and made it HORRIBLE.

SeeMeVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have DVR service, but the new guide was pushed through in my area overnight.  And it is horrible.  There is too much on the screen.  Agree that eliminating color coding for movies, series, etc. is awful, especially for premium channels.  I don't understand the need for an icon after the channel and the an icon at the top of the screen when you cursor from line to line.  The channel numbers are tiny and I can't read them, and the channel icons are equally tiny.  I feel like I'm trying to read the fine print on a lip balm.  Called tech support and was told by Bill that he hated the changes as well, was fielding a lot of complaint calls, but nothing could be done.  I can't think of a single improvement.  What was Verizon thinking?

Marioduke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate the change also. I just turned my tv on 15 minutes ago and I am ready to cancel my Fios service. I know change is not always easy but why would they change something that worked perfectly fine. There was no need and I feel like I need to be trained to use this guide now. I want to be able to just use it and I have no interest in figuring it out. It sucks. Plain and simple it SUCKS!!

MSGDrill07
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! That seems to be the most annoying part of this new "upgrade".  It was easy before to know what programming was offered just visually. 

This new interface just plain hard to read and too small for these peepers to make out.

Who came up with this??

JAYCEN1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from Comcast to Fios, and I’ll be honest, if I knew how bad the guide was I probably would have stayed with Comcast. 
there’s like 8 to 10 rows of channels but it’s all so small I can’t read a thing. 
I have a 50 inch TV and I sit ten feet from it, max. I literally have to walk up to the TV sometimes to see what the channel are on the left when I’m surfing it. 

Why are there pictures for each channel when they are so small you can’t see them?? Take that out and make the left side bigger so we can see what channel we’re looking at. 

I am actually horrified at how bad this guide is compared to Comcast. Not only that but I can only have one remote at a time. We lose remotes in this house. Horribly. Now I have to buy one of those gps chirping things to slap on the back for WHEN we lose this one remote. Apparently two is one two much for this system to handle. 

Pjp1106
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Verizon guide is atrocious. How can Verizon think this is an improvement. 
Bring back the color coding. Made using the guide extremely easy. 
It does not fast forward or backward. 
extremely cluttered and hard to read. 
Most movies do not show actors. 
this is a disaster. 

Re: New Fios Guide
Pjp1106
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree.  Fixing things that are not broken.