Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Trisha356
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the changes are awful. The info and graphics take up over 1/2 the screen!  and you can’t disable all the cr^p they insist on displaying. Click “info” - just tell me about the program at hand!  
If I want “Next” I can click the Guide button. Geesh. This isn’t an update — it’s a BACKdate!  Get rid of it. 

NJTVGUY
Enthusiast - Level 1

This Guild is awful

icons are too small

fonts are two small 

removal of color code is ridiculous 

DVR functions were great and now are horrible 

setting up a forum just for guild

complains is all you need to know. 

FTirico
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I agree this is an absolute imbecillic "update". When you skip/fast forward now viewing a dvr recording half the screen has nonsensical information plastered all over the tv screen. Is it necessary to display with an "arrow" and verbiage of 10 seconds that you just pressed the skip button to forward 10 seconds. Are you kidding me? Did James Dolan just acquire Fios? How asinine can Fios be? May be time for a Fios boycott.

PaullyNols
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate the new guide. Seriously bring back the previous version.  The lack of color is terrible.  There is actually nothing I like about the new guide.  Who approved this?  

annfk
Enthusiast - Level 1

We got the new guide today.

IT IS HORRIBLE!!!!  

It's KILLING MY EYES!!! 

1. The numbers and letters are too small

2. the WHITENESS IS BLINDING

3. Too DARK

4. Where's the option for live tv in the corner

5. Seeing the tv BEHIND the guide is RIDICULOUS

AND 

I'm sure there are many other things to peruse what other things they took away and what idiotic new things we get as a present that we didn't ask for and will most certainly make our lives more frustrating than they already are...

I had to turn the tv OFF because MY VISION IS STRAINED.

IT LITERALLY GAVE ME A MIGRAINE!!!

I've been on the teetering on the edge  to switch from Verizon, my entire family has switched, and they keep telling me to as well....

WELL GUESS WHAT, VERIZON......

IF YOU DO NOT OFFER THE OPTION TO THOSE OF US WHO WANT TO SWITCH BACK TO THE OLD GUIDE

THEN

I.  AM.  LEAVING!,

AND

I HAVE 7 BOXES

--INCLUDING MULTIPLE DVR'S

AND

EVERY. SINGLE. CHANNEL,

--INCLUDING

ALL MOVIE AND SPORTS, AND MULTIPLE COUNTY REGULAR STATIONS.

LOOK ME UP, YOU'LL SEE IT'S TRUE.

SHEEEEEESH!

MadamKatia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone notice since the update  you can only "rewind" the last channel you were on. Seems as if they are pushing us to DVR more.

It was nice to scroll through last channel grid and see a show, select and you could rewind the 2 hours. 

And don't get me started on the guide.. Why fix things that, are not broken 

Pan0828
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide bothers us so much, we are going to finally cut the cord.

NJFiosFamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

The James Dolan comment is spot on. I left OptimumTV because of their awful guide and lack of multi-room DVR. When I heard they improved their DVR years ago I went back and couldn’t last one month because the guide was still awful. Way to replicate that great experience Verizon. 

JaredVanBuren
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a joke. Unnecessary, horrific update. Having to change from the light grey as a title to sometimes being a category makes you dizzy. Everything is sluggish, and overdone. It was so simple and worked so well...why screw it all up? Or at least roll it out and give the option to use legacy or new. Please please please switch back. I much prefer Verizon but I can’t take this new guides design. It’s painful to scroll through channels. Optimum is looking good for a change...

Ali747
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely awful, the channel/time/show title are all too small. White on black and the font are not visually pleasant, I finally had to turn it to zero seconds to avoid the guide entirely. It shouldn't be this hard to figure out what you're watching. Bring back the old guide!