Absolutely awful! We seniors can’t see the channel numbers as well any more! Why take the color coding away? Remember another new guide and they had to fix the colors because they were muted. What a big horrible wast of time and our money!
I agree with most of your complaints and the complaints of everyone else on this forum. The new guide system is absolutely awful.
1. Guide is ugly because it's too busy and lack of color coordination makes everything look the same. Having the video play in the background made it look 100x worse but thankfully I turned that off. Still is very cluttered looking
2. Now and Next menu causes latency and is unnecessary
3. Guide is difficult to read and process because of so many channels on one screen and everything looks the same
4. Icons showing tv shows and movies on guides are unnecessary and make the guide even more difficult to read
5. No option when looking at guide to continue having your current show play in a small window.
6. No option to switch between half screen guide and full screen guide
I don't like being negative, but this really is an atrocious update. I've tried it out for a little while and I don't think I have any positive things to say about it. The now and next banner isn't a bad idea but again it doesn't look good.
Agree with all complaints! Watched maybe two hours of TV and found at least 5 features that I used ALL the time, were no longer there.
Can't use the bottom banner guide to access what's on another channel, without the channel now switching!
Can't go to the information page and have live tv still displayed in the top left corner!
Can't use the chapter function to fast forward-something I only found by accident a few months ago- as that has been removed!
Can't pull up the banner guide when watching on my DVR to see what is on live TV as that too has been removed!
Now we get to see the channel, such as 507 - looking even smaller than that.
The banner is too busy with graphics and too low on information.
My immediate reaction was to cancel FIOS if the guide, which as we all have said worked beautifully, is not restored back. Too many options out there to stay with something which will not work for me and which is very expensive to boot!!
Since it appears that Verizon takes feedback seriously, here's feedback. This new guide sucks. For all the reasons listed already and just the fact that it sucks. My contract is up in November and this may be enough to finally push me into all-streaming to my smart TVs and being done with FIOS.
The various lists of all the bad things in this update need to be addressed by the developers and it needs to be done sooner rather than later. It appears that it was not tested with real people who use it every day. It would be nice if we were given a list of things they fix so we can check.One thing I did not see mentioned is the “last button” . It changed I. The previous update and began to show all the previous shows you had watched. Now it does not. I checked that it is enabled. If I change to disabled , use of the button will take you the last channel you were on. Enabled shows nothing .. feature does seem to come and go. The changed how to select favorites and the new way involves the guide and is cumbersome at best.