Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
jtw10
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the WORST update ever!!! They claim it’s more user friendly. HA HA. One of the best things about the old guide was the color coding. Super easy to use. If I wanted to look for a movie that was on live tv I could quickly scroll the the guide only have to look at the “red” listings. Now I have to literally look at every listing. What a waste of time. Also why does the icon next to each channel just say “tv”? It would be more user friendly if it would list the network name. Instead you have to actually highlight the channel to see what network it is. This might be a bit extreme, but I’m so disappointed by this change that i’m considering cancelling my service. 

taigrlily
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all of the above, regarding the guide updates.  But I especially hate that we can't have the small screen on the guide showing the current station.  Xfinity did this same channel guide update, taking away the small screen, and I hated it.  It's weird, but I loved that function, and when I switched to Fios, I was happy this still appeared.  What is it about having the mini screen, that it's seen as an "update" to not have it?   

Rmarchini3636
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is so bad I may switch services 

One of if not THE worst 'upgrades' ever seen
RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are so many elements in the new interface that are awful its hard to pick one. But there are plenty to choose from as a reason to get out of FiOS as quickly as you can. 

Terrible Update that will drive you to leave
RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you like to just channel surf, this interface makes that impossible. Before you could click through channels and see what's on, stopping where you want. Now, you need to be 100% focused just to understand what the captions are showing you. And by the way, when I channel surf I'm interested in what's on right now -- NOT the next three shows also. Way, way too cluttered and over-thought. This is a horrible system. 

k471
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with all of the above.  Only a couple days with this new guide is dreadful.  One of the things I always love the FiOS was that their guide was so much better than anyone else. With the color coding, and easy to read, and the ability to find upcoming shows of the same show you were watching, etc.  Now, none of that is there.  Not sure how they decided on this mess, but it’s absolutely horrible.  There was very little wei with the previous guide.  Why fix what wasn’t broken?  I am hopeful that they listen to their customers and make some adjustments to this new guide to make it more user-friendly. Right now it’s not user-friendly at all.

Jennifer1162
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please bring back the old guide. This new one is terrible. Missing color coding, guide is way too difficult to read, banner display at the bottom when using dvr functions stays on way too long, lost the chapter function. This could not have been tested by real viewers. We are seriously considering switching providers due to these changes.

Mo405
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 10000% - I would take old version  back in a second! It’s much slower to move around the guide and the crap at the bottom of the screen is so annoying. I set to zero and it’s still there. Come on Fios admit you made a mistake and roll it back PLEASE!!!!

Re: Recent Update Problems
Mo405
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • It’s a terrible update I hope Fios hears the complaints and rolls it back
Re: New Fios Guide
Mo405
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awful is a great way to describe it! I may have to move to Comcast! It’s hard to look at and slow - certainly NOT a step forward for them!