Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
RAmy2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree with this complaint by the poster. FIOS - why would you roll out a terrible product. Taking away CHAPTERING is unacceptable. Why go backwards? It’s like you guys changed things around just to justify some **bleep** programmer’s salary.  My guess is that you did it because it makes it easier to scrape our viewing behaviors/preferences for resale. If you’re going to do that, at least give us UPGRADES not DOWNGRADES.  Here’s some free advice: don’t give people a reason to switch to Spectrum or whatever else. 

AG44
Enthusiast - Level 1

The guide is so small I can barely see the channel numbers or the station logos.  I have no idea what I’m looking for without getting up and standing next to the TV. The inability to adjust the size is an ADA violation and needs to be fixed. 

Animalmother17
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new update is terrible.Verizon has ruined tv watching for a lot of us.The guide is horrible.Can barley read it.Go back to the old guide.There was nothing wrong with it.

Gdlinder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who thought it would be a good idea to have +30 seconds pop up on the screen when I press skip? And why does the info bar at the bottom pop up every time I skip? I know what I’m watching. Verizon has really messed up the DVR experience. It wasn’t great before but now it has the added benefit of displaying unnecessary, annoying and distracting information all over top of the show I’m trying to watch.

Ccvideo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also do not like new guide, this was not an update it was a  downgrade.  We also miss the color coded menu and having our current show playing while we browse guide ..so unhappy with this as is several other people who have brought it up 

CGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree!

Deden1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is terrible! I hate it, too hard to read and see! Bring the old one back with all former colors!

Plinky
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congratulations - you have successfully made watching TV difficult.

What's the point of a DVR if I can't see a channel's programing for the upcoming week or two?  I used to be able to press the Guide button twice and quickly scroll down using the CH button.  Now how am I supposed to find new Spanish soaps for my mother?  There are more steps at take forever to process just to do a basic function.  It's not even color coded for series/movies.

Why can't you give us the option to keep the classic (functional/readable) guide and keep this guide option for those who have perfect eye sight and all of the time in the world   

fiosunhappy
Enthusiast - Level 1

100% agree.  Worst upgrade ever.

Neilss64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, why did you ruin your FIOS TV Guide and various other set top functions in your new software upgrade? The new guide is unreadable - fonts are so small they can't be easily read on a 54" TV unless I am five feet or less from the TV. You removed programming colors that differentiated shows, movies and sports. Why? Skip, back, forward are now slower and filled with dialog and info when none is needed. Chaptering is gone. I haven't found one improvement in this upgrade. In fact, you ruined what might have been your best asset which was the usability of your guide. You ruined search and on demand some time ago. I guess you thought it was time to ruin the rest of your customers' user experience. Whoever writes your software, tests it and approves it should be fired. How could you deploy a guide that is almost unusable and for what reasons? There is no argument you can make to say it has improved readability as the font is so small, that it easier to find programming now that you removed color coding, streamlined now that every function is overloaded with unnecessary information and dialog, reduction in features, etc.. I encourage you to listen to your customers' feedback and revert back to the old software. Based on past experience I don't think this is likely. You seem to be focused on self destruction rather than improving your products and services. There is no reason for you to ruin your customer's experience.

I am seriously considering leaving you for Dish because of this and your lack of catering to your customers.

Just curious if anyone in Verizon actually beta tests your software before you deploy it? How could anyone in the company think that the new guide is an improvement? While we wait for the version 7.5 upgrade (downgrade), can you send me 4 pairs of binoculars so that we can read the channel numbers in the guide on our 65", 54", 50", 40" TVs that are all placed within their respective manufactures' recommended viewing distance for the specific size of TV? If not, I am going to have repair tickets opened tomorrow because we can not read the channel numbers in the guide from our TVs without being 5 feet away from any of our TVs. I am sure your repair techs will confirm that they too can not read the channel numbers comfortably from our seating areas.