Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
tarheelinva
Enthusiast - Level 3

What a mess.  Hate the new Guide!  Whoever came up with this design should be fired and banned from the cable TV business!!  Prior to the pitiful update we had a choice of 4-5 different Guide layouts.  Now we have only one and it can barely be read on a 75” TV at 9’ or so.  Revert back and try again after you truly test a new design using real customers.  And bring back Chapters.  I used them every day.  And Picture in Picture while scrolling Guide.  Color coding too!   What a mess.  Please, FIX IT!!!!

12yrCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not solved. 41 pages of complaints and counting. Remove the solved tag asap!

September 2020 Fios Update
Krug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all of the previous posts regarding the guide and DVR issues created by the latest "update".  In addition, I would like to add that while trying to rewind a live TV show you can't stop it for at least 3-5 seconds, no matter how many times (or other buttons) that you press.  This effectively renders the rewind function useless.  Very annoying as this is one of the major reason why most people upgrade to a DVR.  Resetting the DVR does not fix this problem.  For what we are all paying for this service, we deserve better.  BTW: I also only created this account to register my displeasure with this entire so-called "update".

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ironic hypocrisy!  Spend time chatting or talking to "Customer Service" and they want you fill out a questionnaire so they can gather "satisfaction" and "performance" metrics (and fire the sub-contractor in India and hire somebody in Thailand? WaRiRe.)

Meanwhile they roll out this piece of carp - so how are those developers doing?  Probably used to be CSRs!  This is their revenge!

We are living real-life friction; the customer-end of a Dilbert-like cartoon; the victims who never make it onto the inked illustrations!  Hey, Scott Adams, run a series about the horrendous guide/remote control at a company named NOZIREV.  Have WYLAL be the lead developer...  Make the product line building industrial robots!  Other robots are the testing / focus group!  The sky's the limit!

Think about it for a moment:  flight control and air traffic control simulators, tower cranes with their training simulators; mining machine excavators and trucks with their training simulators.  How long would any of these remain in business if their interfaces were jerked around like VZ does to their customers?  Add to the mix:  Global scale open source developments like VLC and Handbrake?  Or one man shop products like SIW or XXCOPY?  "Sorry boss, I won't drive that $5M Cat 797 off the road again, but somebody changed the colors and fonts and froze the PIP display."

vbaron1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The change to the Guide is horrible and a degrade in performance from the previous version.  The are several notable problems:

1. The colors helped to navigate and make distinctions between shows, why would they remove that feature?

2. The picture-in-picture in the upper left of the channel currently selected is gone.  Again, a great feature.

3. The system response is slow, to the point that it is almost unusable.

The team that authorized these changes should be fired.  Bring back the previous format.

vbaron1
Enthusiast - Level 2

They have a YouTube video with the new changes.  The comments section is turned off, but you can still "dislike" it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59WZOsi_BSo

Mr-Mike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awful.

Fios guide has always been worst in the industry.  Now even more so.  No clue to perform study groups, subject matter experts that have no clue what creates an effective human interface. Ugly as all heck and hard to look at.

Everything is BOLD and crowded. Miss the red highlight for movie content vs 'shows' and other broadcasts. removing the window in the upper left the continued to show the current channel is flat out stupid especially since the new guide hard to look at and requires more time to interpret. 

Will like switch back to Comcast even though I will continue with FiOS internet (2nd to none). Will gladly waste the money on a 2nd useless internet service to have  a much better television experience. 

I give Verizon a month to come to their senses, admit the mistake and revert back to the previous not-great guide, which was still far better than the new one.  Suggest they replace the entire team and management responsible for the 'user experience'

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

What arrogance to mark the complaints here as SOLVED! 

What was the solution?     "Just get over it"?  

Verizon, you broke your commitment to your customers. My contract is up. I've been a loyal customer of ALL your services    for decades   but this arrogance is just too much. I'll be looking elsewhere for a TV provider and YES,  Phone and Internet too. Why would ANYONE want to be treated this badly and have to pay hundreds of dollars monthly for it! 

Sam1233
Enthusiast - Level 1

When viewing the guide, the next and prev keys do not work to scroll horizonally fromnext and previous screen .  I miss the color-coded genre feature.  After clicking "Record", I can't return to the previous state of the guide.  I suggest returning to the previous version until the current version has been debugged and tested.

Re: New Fios Guide
Rawth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not having the movies color coded on the guide is the worst part of this new interface.