I agree with statements on here. I also feel, we pay so much to begin with, to make such drastic changes like this without informing all customers via email or mail or at least allow us the ability to go back to the old version of the guide.
The New Guide is hard to read, hard to differentiate between sports, movies, etc and overall hard to navigate thru the days.
Verizon Fios, allow your customers the choice which guide they want to use!!
I convinced myself that though I was spending way too much on Fios TV I truly enjoyed the service. That’s over now!! Every single feature I loved and used is now gone!! It’s as if the programmer NEVER watched a minute of fios tv!! So now I’m paying a premium for an awful experience. The icons are totally unnecessary and just slow everything down. If the guide isn’t restored soon I’m outta here. So fios say good bye to a customer who’s has 7 boxes 2 dvrs phone and internet.
10-10-2020 08:51 AM
I agree it is really BAD
1. it is smaller font and hard to see on a 48” TV on our 80” its ok
2. You can’t fast forward on recorded shows by 10min anyone ( you would use the Up Arrow and the the display would allow you to jump to whatever 10 min section in the show. Now it takes forever. I guess it’s time to get rid of the DVR
3. Slow Play doesn’t work. This was great for sporting events (sucks now)
4. even today you can’t add extend time to recording football games
PLEASE GO BACK OR FIX THE ISSUES
The so called upgrade is a calamity. Whomever was responsible for the "upgrade" clearly did not understand or bother to take into account the basic principles of human factor design. Its very hard on the eyes; slow; lacks the very essential ability to view a single channel lineup in the tv guide-now you have to scroll and scroll; no longer can skip ahead in 10 minute increment son the DVR <what does that have to do with the design>. If this doesn't get fixed then its all I need to cut the cord and and pick up on air broadcasters for free. Im sure there are many others struggling with this
The new channel guide is frustrating and awkward. I don’t know whether you tested this on people who actually had an IQ above peanut butter. Anyone who thinks this is an improvement is sadly mistaken. Very disappointing effort from Verizon. I think Comcast would have a better guide and I feelLike switching services if this guy is not fixed or even returned to the earlier format.
I agree with the other 400+ replies. This update it terrible for all of the reasons mentioned by others. In particular:
1. I really liked the Picture in Picture box in the upper left. It allowed me to continue watching the show I was on while browsing others. WHY would you get rid of it??
2. It is much slower to navigate
3. In the old Guide I could hit my "favorites" button on the remote to bring up my list at any time. Now, if the current show info bar is on the bottom of the screen it won't work. I have to hit "exit" and then "favorites".
Doesn't FIOS employ any UX/UI developers?? The display is more cluttered and harder to read. It honestly discourages me from flipping around to see what's on so if there isn't something very specific I want to watch I'll go to some other streaming service if I want to hunt around for something to watch.
If anyone at FIOS is reading this, please, PLEASE address the following:
1. There's no text wrapping so if the entire show name can't fit within the bar then I guess you have to guess what's on? I'd rather have less channels displayed at once and be able to see the full name/details.
2. The monochromatic display makes it that much harder to identify content. Why take away the great color coding that was in place before??
3. Why are there a channel number, channel logo, AND show logo boxes? Channel number/logo ok fine, but the show preview box is so small that it's not worth having and just clutters up the display even more.
4. Please bring back up the box in the upper left that displays what you're currently watching!
5. Is it me or is the guide and/or remote less responsive now? I feel like there's a noticeable lag between when you press a button and something happens on screen.
I still have to get used to the upgrade, but if program chaptering was indeed removed that is beyond ridiculous. I utilize it frequently for DVR’d shows and from what I’ve read on these forums, many other customers do as well. I don’t know how testing could have missed this...is there a new feature that replicates this?