Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Leerod2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am another user that came to the Forums to complain about the recent update of the Verizon boxes and DVR.  The boxes are much more sluggish.  I cannot think of a single part of this update that is an improvement over how the boxes and DVR used to operate.

I see that this post is considered solved but until there is a new update to fix the issues that have been expressed, the problem has not been solved.

Deev1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon response is NOT a solution.

New guide and overall functionality is NOT an upgrade.  Agree with all others.  Also, without rewinding, cannot tell how much time is remaining on live or recorded show; used to be able to see remaining time by just pressing the "info" button.  Don't like the "snap shot" that shows for each channel you land on while scrolling through the guide. 

Please FIX these issues.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solved?  Here is how I am solving it in 8 mos when my contract is up. Since AT&T sports has been removed from my local area I have absolutely no reason to keep your cable service so I am solving this by dumping the cable. Now I won't have to look at this pathetic excuse for a guide after that again. Bring it back and you may be able to keep me as a customer but that will be a big maybe. 

You obviously have shown your customer base how how you feel about them by marking this thread solved. 

New Fios TV update DVR
Mlcharris
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is absolutely horrible.  The box lags when trying to change channels so I always end up at channel 8 and the guide is not providing the name of the network nor its icon.  All I see is a TV icon.  Duh we know it's  a TV channel but what network is it?  Complete fail please put it back the way it was before this horrible update I'm about ready to go back to comcast.  Really this update sucks and it's slow to boot

lorimar58
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is terrible.  Fios needs to fix this mess.  This may force me to go back to Comcast!

JFay3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new updated guide is absolutely horrible.  It’s so hard to read, my mother can’t see her’s at all.  I’ll probably have to change cable companies for her because she can’t see what’s on.  I can’t read the names of the channels, they’re ridiculously small.  The coloring on the guide makes names of shows blurry, and I miss movie names being distinguished by another color.  They were highlighted in red before.  The info at the top no longer lists the actors names.  This guide is a complete fail.

G22150
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good evening, Nilsa

"Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you before the products are launched."...with all due respect, it's impossible for me to believe that even one customer found the DVR/Guide updates to be even a nominal improvement over the prior functions/content.

For all of the issues raised in regard to this subject, please give customers the option of restoring the prior DVR/Guide functionality if they so desire.

Thank you for your consideration.

B_S_Sanders
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not a fan of the new guide.  I won't bore you with our complaints because they're the same as you'll see on page after page after page after ...  You get the idea,

Also not a fan of the Verizon "solution" that essentially said, "We tested it on people like you and they didn't complain enough for us to redesign it."

Simielucid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Plain and simple, the new guide is awful. Verizon, allow us to return to the previous guide where the layout made more sense. You all have downgraded the guide and taken us back to 2008. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to help a bit here: Nilsa marked the topic solved so people could go directly to her post to see Verizon IS listening and working on a fix. Unfortunately nothing can be said beyond that or she would risk breaking an NDA. Keep posting with what you want to see, they need concrete suggestions.