Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Tms99
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new format sucks. Going between two football games I now have to press exit twice and the latency is major issue.  On my 85” screen I can barely read the guide.  Also, not much info on how to set settings.  Gonna seriously look into Comcast.  Just don’t understand what Verizon was thinking.

kittinsmommy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rollback to the previous release or I'll seriously consider rolling my business to one of your competitors. This new interface is garbage! If I wanted to learn a new interface I would've switched to another provider. Are you aware of the latency issues this new user interface is causing; that has been addressed by others on this thread? Fix this nonsense-or-here's a thought, stop billing us for this test case until you figure it out!

I had considered leaving Fios a year ago but didn't feel like comparing against other provider's plans. However, perhaps the time has come for me to "feel like" making a comparison. FIX IT!

ddlonghorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please let us know when you will send an additional update.  Hoping it is before we cancel service.  Guide is hard on eyes and difficult to use.  You have to use filters to see upcoming showings for recordings, which is a downgrade.  It was so nice also having the cc as a button on the remote.  

Yooperboy877
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is no solution!  I’m at the end of my FiOS obligation, and unless this changes I’ll be gone.

not only is the new guide an abomination, the software update has lobotomized the remote. The new guide provides zero channel information.  Worst of all, there is ZERO information available through Verizon about how to fix these issues.  And I’m clearly not the only one with issues.

fix this NOW, or Verizon’s changes will be talked about for years about how to destroy a good product and brand for no reason other than institutional arrogance.  Like New Coke.

Flambiticus
Enthusiast - Level 1

REVERT BACK TO THE OLD GUIDE OR I AM GOING TO A COMPETITOR!  IT IS COMPLETELY UNUSABLE!

WoodyV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't mind the extra graphics in the new 2020 Guide update, what bothers me is it is soooooooo slow.  It takes forever to react.  Push the exit button and wait and wait.

Why is this high speed Fios not extended to the New Guide, Why is it so painfully slow?

michlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

This new UI update is bad beyond belief. I press the guide button and it can take up to 4 seconds for the guide to appear. Changing channels is not instantaneous. And the info bar with all the useless settings, when doing a channel change the info bar at bottom of screen which I had set for 2 seconds stays for almost 7 seconds. And now, that setting to change the duration is not even available in the Menu anymore. It just disappeared. When watching a news channel with a chyron scrolling, if I missed something I press the button to go back 10 seconds and the info bar appears blocking what I am trying to see, so I am force to press the go back button 3 times. I shouldn't have to go back 30 seconds when all I need is 10 second return.

I cannot imagine a UI any worse than what this new UI update offers. Infuriating! Actually this update has removed practical and useful options with junk. More in this case is not better.

I have been with Verizon and Verizon FiOS from day one. I am so sick of this kluge of an interface I am seriously considering a move to Xfinity. Every time I pick up the remote to select something the aggravation meter shoots to the top. I know Verizon will not change this for the better. This pig is staying and I will most likely be leaving.

Team41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all the negative comments so far. This new guide is terrible!!! If this isn't fixed in the next week, I'm officially changing providers. My contract is up and I can't deal with this guide. The old color scheme is soooo much better, never mind the lag and delay you get with every function now. Revert back!!

FiosClient068
Enthusiast - Level 1

So disappointed with FIOS new guide.

too large type at the bottom when on a channel

Channels and number too small on the guide. 

guide point size is too large and the PIP feature that enabled you to watch what was airing on a channel while you view guide is gone. 

for some reason VeriOn thought it would be ok to have whatever you were watching playing in the background behind the guide. 

very disappointing update made to the guide. 

Re: New Fios Guide
FiosClient068
Enthusiast - Level 1

New guide is AWFUL