Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Scott804
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure how the Verizon post claiming they do testing was marked as a solution, but it is not one. I want to know when they will revert back to the previously functioning software or release updates that fix the latency,  guide, and dvr issues. Since this problem started, I have accelerated my dvr watching. I have gone from 80+% to 40%.  If there is not a real solution by the time I get to zero, I am planning to call up Comcast Xfinity. 

Re: Please bring back "Chapters" for DVR recordings!
Where-s-Horace
Enthusiast - Level 1

The guide was fine just the way it was. Chaptering was the most valuable function of all! This really sucks. What was verizons rational for making these changes? It usually comes down to improving profit margins, but that is, of course, never given as a reason.

New Fios Guide stinks
Bouvet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon should revert to the old FIOS Guide, or give customers the option.  I can't read the channel numbers on the new guide, which is very clunky.  Customer satizfaction should be the deciding factor, not some Verizon Fios software engineer who felt like expressing their taste in guide design was paramount.  

Re: New Fios Guide stinks
ss201
Enthusiast - Level 2

A well-run company would not have allowed this to happen.

Many of us use cable TV to watch several channels at time. The UI needs to be fast and out of our face.

We also watch live sports and like to use pause, rewind, slow-motion, etc. But the stupid bar at the bottom won't get out of the way. It pops up on each button press. I know what channel I’m on, I don’t need to be reminded every few seconds.

This is Verizon's 'New Coke'. Revert back.

rog4571
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is terrible as so many others have stated, my husband has not stopped complaining about it since the roll-out 

It makes watching TV stressful and these days having more stress is not what we need. 

We've taken to watching more Netflix just to avoid using the Fios guide and I don't need Fios to watch Netflix 

Geep1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree, hard to read and follow.  Colors were very nice...easy to find sports, etc. P-i-P in upper left corner was great.  MUST have it back.  Thank you!

Geep1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree 100%. It is terrible!

DVU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just give us an option to roll it back and use old one. It is silly if you force customers to change providers because of this.  

Skgman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree that the guide update is horrible.  I can not read most of the information.  White letters on a lack background is very hard on my eyes. 

johnson111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who was the brain-trust that came up with this design?  It is cumbersome, confusing and just confusing.  I can definitively say, if people are frustrated when trying to find something to watch, or tuning to something, or moving around within the system, PEOPLE WILL NOT WATCH.  I FINALLY JUST TURNED IT OFF.  My next step is CANCELING FIOS and going with something like Youtube TV or Hulu.