Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
ByteCrawler1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whoever QA'd this disaster should be fired on the spot.

- The interface is TOO BUSY. Even though the text is now bigger it's easy to get distracted with all the other stuff going on in the UI.

- Get rid of the picture preview, it's so unnecessary and takes up over 25% of the info bar.

- Get rid of the "Up Next" on the info bar, makes the UI too busy and confusing, use that room to expand on the show you're watching. If someone really cares about what's next, THEY'LL OPEN THE GUIDE.

- PUT BACK COLOR CODING FOR SHOW TYPE. This was *the* best feature of the fios guide taken away for the monolithic mess.

- Provide a way to get rid of the tips. Literally every day I get a new tip when I've already seen it and "okay" it.

- I hope its just remote lag, but FIX IT. My fear is that it's not remote lag, but you are saturating the available working RAM in these older Quantum boxes to the point that they can't keep up. The VMS is the fastest box and its SECONDS OF DELAYS when entering in remote commands. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I see what you're doing, you're trying to make the UI nice and informative like today's streaming boxes, but you're doing it on 10 YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY, IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK.

Verizon better fix this, or I better get a free upgrade to Fios One, I'm not paying a cent since I don't have 4K TV's. I just want a remote and guide that works (and I'm sure it does on those faster boxes). Otherwise I'm ditching the service. What good is it if its a frustrating experience every time I pickup the fios remote.

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this all about "encouraging" current customers to upgrade to FIOS ONE?  I'm thinking it is! Verizon could not have rolled out this hot mess without SOME KIND of a plan.  Verizon...... it backfired!! This is one long time customer who IS now looking at other options.  

Geep1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have about 546 NEGATIVE responses to the NEW GUIDE........maybe someone in your offices should take a look and see what YOUR customers are saying.  Sure, this is only a small number, but enough customers that took the time to comment.

I believe that the NEW GUIDE is extremely hard to read, lacks the colors to assist with programming, also lacks the P in P in the upper left corner so you can still watch your program while looking at the guide, AND when pressing the "LAST" button it is slow to respond.  These are just a few of the issues I have found with the new guide.

Read YOUR customers comments so far and then decide.  I am confident that you will agree with what we are saying.  Verizon is a leader in the industry, what happened with this redesign of the guide?  Please, someone re-review these changes immediately........thanks!!

CAMCLM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree with all the post and comments about the new guide.  I'm considering going to the evil Comcast as a result of the new guide.  I hope they revert to the old one quick so I don't have to take that drastic step. 

hk211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I complete agree with all the complaints about this "upgrade".  My largest complaint is the removal of the chapter feature of the DVR.  

I suggest we complain to the Verizon Executives and fill up their mailboxes. You can find their information here:

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios 

JohnPOD
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide update is horrible!

ReadyForChange
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why was this done?  As usual, follow the money.  Other than being totally annoying and essentially destroyed set top box performance,  many of the "upgrades" are just new opportunities to lead you watching other shows (that no doubt pay to get positioning).

Unfortunately, as the common practice today "updates to better serve you" "improve performance" or "expand offerings" are platforms used to bring in more advertising.  If true user improvements were the desired outcome, without underlying profit, this latest Comcast-like update would have IMPROVED speed, minimized button pressing, and offered an interface that actually helped you get to what you wanted to see.

Follow the money and you have your answer.

BCW5451
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very disappointed with the recent changes.  Especially do not understand why they removed the 10 minute chapter skipping option.  Now it can take painfully long to fast forward or back (even at 8x) to a point much earlier or later in a recorded show/movie.

Also do not care for the overall guide look.  Screen looks too busy, channel numbers are readable to me but are on the annoyingly small side.  I used to like the guide view when pushing the up button instead of the "guide" button (less busy with a decent sized screen image still visible) however that no longer works either.

Overall, in my opinion, Verizon took a big step backwards with these new changes.

MikeS51
Enthusiast - Level 1

You will not convenience me that you received very many complaints about the chapter navigation and color coding program listings that have been eliminated or that many people were clamoring for the changes that were made. It would be interesting to see how your team views all of the complaints posted here. What would it take to return the functionality that the posters are requesting?

GDoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon,

It really is that bad.

I just read through 550 posts hoping there might be a tidbit on how to "fix" some of what's been broken or some assurance that "help" or fixes are on the way, but nothing.  Nada.  That's pretty bad.  At least give us a sense that an update to address some of these things is on the way and when we might expect it.  Hell, lie to us.

Fix it soon.  Please.