Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Jcarpin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is awful. I have spoken to family and friends with Rios and we are all considering changing service because of this. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

wontootreee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent the weekend trying to resist throwing my remote through my TV.  Besides the horrible new guide, it took me 4 or 5 tries just to change the channel.  I called my local cable company first thing this morning to beat the rush from all the other disgruntled FIOS customers.  They'll be here in two days 😊

FIOStvwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't believe for a minute that this new guide was tested seriously at all.

My main complaint is that when I change channels or press "Info" the banner on the bottom is taken over by the future shows (on the right) and it also covers half the screen.

The future shows should be removed and the banner should be much lower.

Also the text description has the name of the current show in such a tiny font that it's hard to see while the text for  SERIES 2 EPISODE 14  huge.  When I want to know what show I'm tuned to it's almost impossible to know. 

I also liked to know the original air date of the show. This is also hard to find and not at all there for some shows.  This new guide is a failure.  It seems like the software developers purchased a format and do not know how to make changes to it. 

Mmcghee701
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an absolute horrible update..not user friendly, filtering doesn’t work correctly, using the guide while watching  Live tv is frustrating, color coding is needed, otherwise just get lost in a guide that is not useable, it is sluggish to respond to remote, I could go on and on..but jeez..my contract is up..time for Sling? Comcast? 

REK427
Enthusiast - Level 1

So glad to see that it's not only me!

This upgrade is terrible. You can't tell what channel you are on without highlighting the channel #.  When pushing Info, it now takes MORE clicks than before. Who ever heard of adding more button pushes instead of less?!?  Did your engineers actually use the channel guide?  Restore the old channel guide!!!

Re: New Fios Guide
Bertkek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!

Re: Problems with new online TV Guide
fioshater123
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is the worst, I am older and I can't even see the channel numbers on the side. All shows are the same color, black. It was better when the movies were a different color. I did not ask for this and I do not want it. I may need to drop cable all together and learn how to stream all my shows. Paying this ridicules bill is bad enough. I'm certainly not going to pay for TV I CAN'T WATCH. AND SHOWS I CAN'T FIND.

Bertkek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with everything said. THIS VERSION SUCKS! Please fix ASAP. Optimum has been trying to woo me back at a MUCH lower cost. Fix please!

Re: Problems with new online TV Guide
Tjk11
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a total disaster!

Longislandviewe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back chapters!!!!  30 second skipping is a joke. Serious lag when inputting channel number. I despise this 'upgrade'. Roll it back!