Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
BillyF2
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update has me considering leaving Verizon after decades of paying premium price for what ONCE WAS a premium service. This update is clumsy, redundant, & sorely lacking in ease of use, compared to its tried & true predecessor. If it’s not broke... DON’T fix it. Is someone there trying to justify their existence??? 

BillyF2
Enthusiast - Level 1

This topic is NOT solved until the entire update is rolled back. As for me... you have 30 days to roll it back or some other provider is going to receive my business. 

mattdaddy72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn’t agree more with each point. The new interface is god awful, and will actually cause me to rethink cutting the cord. I have always been a big fan of Fios, but now only I feel the need to keep their Internet service.

The value of their tv service - over and above an equivalent set of channels from streaming service(s) - is in its ease of use. Not having to use multiple guides; having a good remote (with capabilities like now-deprecated chapter indexing); with very low latency...  all added up to something I always thought was worth some extra money compared to streaming services. 

Not the case any more unfortunately. How on earth did this pass required testing??

Smittyxyz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the previous post entirely. Taking away the chaptering function was a big mistake, and not being able to see the single channel guide is a real inconvenience. Hitting the guide button twice allowed you to see all shows for a single channel now you get partial descriptions when scrolling through in a few hours of segments. This latest update was a huge mistake and needs to be rolled back as soon as possible. This has me reevaluating and looking at satellite TV and or optimum

Re: New guide favorites bug
bob550
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've experienced the same bug when on the last channel in my Favorites list. As a workaround, I added two additional channels I don't watch at the end of the Favorites listing. 

bob550
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update virtually makes Fios TV unwatchable! We have the Arris VMS1100 multi-room boxes, and the delays experienced just to display the info screen and guide make for a very frustrating user experience.  I've rebooted the box multiple times but any improvements are only short-lived. I've also found that I cannot quickly page-down or up through the guide by holding the page-up/down button as I used to be able to do. I can only think that Verizon's ultimate purpose is to force subscribers to upgrade to their Fios One. Well, that ain't happening!

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

If anybody thinks roll-back is coming you can furgetaboutit... Too many careers are invested in this monster now.  At best, fixes will dribble out a couple times a year until FIOS TV is killed off completely, or at least the Quantum STBs.  Does somebody out there have the history, with version numbers, saved so we can estimate our time in purgatory?  And has anybody seen a README.TXT of what these releases attempt to fix?  Nah, that would only be from a reasonable and normal tech company.  Also I just got an email pitch from them about how great their 5G Ultra-Wide Band will be, so we can all see where this is going.

My suggestion for future testing focus groups would be select from the top 25 executives at VZ.  I wonder how many actually have FIOS in their own (multiple?  Long Island, Upstate, Cape Cod) homes?  Are the toddlers and tweens therein registering any unhappiness with the new Guide:  "Daddy, can you fix this?"   "No Suzie, this is why I shorted my stock holdings... Sorry..."

mwise2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only explanation that makes sense is that Verizon employees are shorting the stock. It is like they are trying to get folks to jump ship and work through the streaming interface consolidation.

Nothing else explains changing the most tangible interaction with their product this much for the worse.   

Usability - worse

Performance - MUCH worse.  Everything now has lag and delay.

Functionality of buttons like the "last" or "info" - much worse.

For the love of god put it back.  No one, and I mean NO ONE, likes this new interface better.  

mattdaddy72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon earlier today and officially cut the cord (on tv... still have internet and phone, which, by the way, wound up cheaper than internet alone).  They even waived the ETF, which surprised me.  

Now I have to figure out which streaming service to move to.  

Skip Graphics Fix Request
mtwatts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  Since the recent graphics update when I skip forward or reverse back it displays the progress bar and program information.  Is there a way to turn that off, or can you please include that in future updates?  It a nuisance, especially when watching sports.   Also, has ability to select where to go in a recorded program by 10 minute increments gone away?  It doesn't seem to work any more.  Thanks.