In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Whoever came up with this idea as being an improvement needs to be fired. At least the old way you had a couple different options to get to the guide. With this set up, you can't see the program that's on because the guide takes up the whole screen and trying to set up a series to record is almost impossible. You need to put it back. Verizon continues to raise prices with poorer services.
We're considering dropping Fios after this DVR/Guide Update as well - the changes just rolled out for us a week or so ago, and they're making it extremely difficult to sort through offerings.
1. Lack of color coding for various categories of programs on the Guide: movies, news, sports, children's programming, etc. Serious problem.
2. The explanatory text giving a short plot summary for a movie or tv episode is now not *below* the name of the program, but at the top of the screen, so you have to constantly look up, look down, look up, look down, look up, look down.
3. The icons identifying channels (Food channel, Syfy channel, etc.) which help quickly identify standard channels are so small that they're unidentifiable.
4. Miscellaneous: White-on-black is always a bad idea, bold-face white-on-black is even worse. There's latency in moving up and down the Guide list (loading the channel logo icons freezes things for a moment each time), and in just typing in a channel number you wish to go to.
Without at least items (1) and (2) above being corrected or rolled back, we're finding the new Guide set-up is going to drive us away. At the very least, there should be a roll-back option for those of us who strongly dislike the new arrangement.
Agreed. Loss of the color coding and adding more channels to the view makes it harder to find what you're looking for. Also, in the prior guide you were able to use the forward button to jump ahead in 2 hour blocks, now you have to use the left right button for move forward or back by half hour increments.
New isn't always better and that is definitely the case in this situation.
I just got an email from Verizon BRAGGING about this update.
Grab your remote and start making the most of the new Fios® TV features.
Keep an eye out for pop-ups that show what’s new
Check out channel 131 to watch a video about the new features
Customize your picture quality settings, viewing preferences and more
You know, it's almost like they don't care what we think about what they've done. 🤔
**bleep**??? So these "customers" thought this update was great? Judging by the firestorm of criticism I would say that Verizon needs to reconsider this update and allow customers to either revert to the old one or at least allow us to customize the look to get closer to the way it was. The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" definitely applies here.😡
I don't believe you for one minute.
You more than likely work for Fios.
Nobody in their right mind would like this garbage of a guide.
Whoever designed this should be fired.
There is so much lag in this that it is unusable.
Even the last one had lag but not as bad as this one.
This guide is so bad I am getting rid of Fios and going with Cox or Comcast.
OMG, I have been a customer for 20+ years but I am thinking of leaving over this upgrade. Who let this product out the door?? The old guide was colorful and pleasing to look at. Shows were color-coded; movies in red, series show in blue and sports green, I believe.... But the worst travesty by far is the removal of the chaptering! Where the hell is the chaptering ??? Unbelievable, who in their right might approve this upgrade? Fire your software release manager!!
I've made other comments complaining about the new guide. A few more things I have discovered have been broken some of which I have not seen comments about...
- In the old guide you used to be able to go to the right on a channel and hit enter to get to THAT CHANNEL's on-demand section... not any more. Now you can only get to the top level of the on-demand system even after a few extra button presses.
- When watching a recording, there is no way to consistently see how far along you are; "Info" just brings up the description (with HUGE poster) but no progress, "play/pause" pauses even when you don't want to do that, and "ok" about half the time exits out of the recording.
- There is a pretty wide margin on the left side of the guide before any information starts, yet the right side bleeds off the screen.
- When in an "info" screen it is not clear how to go back to where you were; "info" does not do it, sometimes the back arrow does but not always.
- Losing the live channel when in the guide is still a major downgrade
- no channel description is a huge problem when logos disappear or are too small to see
- Unacceptable frustrating lag when entering channel numbers directly
- Overall sluggishness doing almost everything.
- We don't need slow loading still poster art everywhere taking up sooo much space
- Bad readability on the guide
- Banners take up too much space and stay on too long
- When starting to watch a recording by pressing "play" in the recorded list the progress bar AND info bar both appear on top of one another when the recording starts to play so you can't see either one or the program itself
Last night, I missed the football game because I couldn’t readily figure out which game was live and which was taped. I no longer use the guide. I’ve memorized the channels I use the most and the shows I like and just select those. If they’re not on, it’s Netflix or Amazon Prime.