I didn't pay for a DownGrade
The Menu's are in the way and Hard to read
**bleep**, I guess Verizon doesn't like their Customers
Just Money!!!

Please Revert this Back!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Cableready
Enthusiast - Level 1

So relieved to scroll through all these shared reactions. What a disaster of an update - yet Verizon seems so proud of themselves! Very hard to believe these changes were thoroughly tested by customers. Everything everyone is complaining about is spot on. Perfect example of change for the sake of change, maybe to justify some VP's existence. Come on VZ, listen to your customers. The message seems clear.  

klo2716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of unhappy customers.  This downgrade is horrible.  I was already thinking about going to Comcast and this may seal the deal.

Mkk12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same complaints as a lot of people. It’s too hard to read the guide. I miss the color-coded guide (green for sports, etc. I also don’t have the box in the corner showing what I’m watching while looking through the channels. It’s just a picture from that episode but not what’s actually playing. 

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

They'll have to learn to live with fleeing customers.  Sorry I have had too many people in the last week tell me how horrible this "new" guide is without asking.  

8 mos. can't come fast enough for me now when my contract is up.  The guide has made TV watching a lousy experience.  I'll will go full streaming and over the air.

COMCAST_BOUND
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to undo these updates!  Bring back DVR chaptering, and allowing me to pop up the guide by pushing the up arrow while watching live tv.  Too much lag and drag on changing channels!  I have to pause a few seconds after entering the first number of a new channel before the system recognizes it!  Also, the new guide, which I hate, does not show the channel names.  Every channel has a generic "TV" logo. HAVE NEVER SEEN AN "UPDATE" WHERE EVERY SINGLE THING WAS MADE WORSE!  BETTER FIX THIS FAST OR I AM CHANGING PROVIDERS.

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, the PR press is now full court.  Just got my first "What a Great Upgrade to your TV viewing experience..."   There could 10K negative postings, or 100K.  They just don't care, even if any or most of them leave.   Seriously now, NOTHING is gonna be done and nothing is gonna change with this piece of road kill.  Forget also Customer Service.  They are just reading a script -- my experience was identical to the ones reported on this thread.

This is what we get with semi-monopolies (actual mono's in many areas).  I could go back to Concarp ala 2012 but I left them for valid reasons.  Best we can hope for is that some of the color, font and lag time annoyances get attention, but do not expect miracles, esp reconstituted prized features.

I would love to have been the mouse in the corner to view how this all came together.  Was a reqmts spec shipped overseas for implementation?  Who exactly was on the testing and focus groups?  Who was the highest level VZ exec who actually used the OLD guide and then the NEW one?  Alas, we won't ever get any of those details either.  When is "tech" ever transparent?  When there is real competition, or real regulation.  Or when it is open source.

Somebody start a pool :  Date of the last VZ DVR program download.  I'll vote for 1-Jun-2024.  BTW Whatever became of those DVR in the cloud experiments / services?  Did the courts nuke them?  I'm too depressed to look it up on Google right now.

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most people use the Information Bar to see at a glance what channel they are on- Seemingly simple, right?  NOT ANY MORE.

WHY IN THE WORLD does this "Information Bar' NOT emphasize right on top, to read at a glance, the channel or network you're viewing or changing to along with a legible network logo? I'm not seeing any network logos and the network name is s small and buried. Some information bar. I just got an email from Verizon saying I'm "going to love the new Fios TV".   Wow. How phony. NO ONE LIKES IT.

But Verizon chooses to emphasize non-essential crap in a huge area that takes up a third of the screen. I cannot wrap my head around their reasoning for spending resources on TOTALLY RUINING a customer experience.

Re: Browse by category
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

"New and Improved" is a scary word for consumers because they know it's only advantageous for the ones doing the changing.

TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I chatted with an online support rep earlier today. 

Bottom line (paraphrasing), it is what it is and you'll get used to it.