Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Paganotc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn’t agree more!   The update is horrible.  I lived by the color coding

Paganotc
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have constantly been complaining about these updates.   They are HORRIBLE.   In addition I can’t stand the big “30” on the screen every time I jump ahead 30 seconds.  This is a major problem for me.   I utilize the 30 second jump forward when watching the NFL and it’s perfect to jump between plays.   But now I have a big 30 in the screen.    Horrible horrible horrible.   I may switch and cancel altogether 

MF309
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is so awful that if they don't put it back the way it was VERY soon I will be cancelling my service.

CruJones
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is so bad I signed up for this forum solely to voice my opinion.

Not only is it incredibly ugly, it has completely messed up my service.

I have tried to put on a channel several times only for the channel to not be in service. This has made it so that several shows I DVR, when I go to watch them, I find out the show did not record and I get an error message.

If this isn't fixed soon, I will 100% be getting rid of Fios and switching to Hulu. The ugliness of the guide is 1 thing, but not getting the services I pay for is completely unacceptable. 

On Monday I plan on calling and demanding some sort of financial compensation for the week I have not gotten what I pay for.

And again, if not fixed soon (soon being within the next week or 2) I will be canceling my Fios.

pizzajetsfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is horrible.  Having everything is one color is a loss of functionality, as is the loss of the show in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  The colors helped identify new shows as well as identify different types of shows.  How is having everything in monochrome an  improvement?

The most egregious problem with the new software are the problems it causes with the remote/cable box.  Changing the channel has become a frustrating experience.  I'll enter a three digit channel number and one or two numbers will appear.  I'll re-enter the number and again one or two number will appear.   If I go slower it will change the channel to the first digit.  Did we really need duplicate buttons to rewind or fast forward?  Forget about pausing.  I try to pause and it literally takes seconds to stop.  You took something that was working perfectly and broke it and try to sell it to us as an improvement?  Did you bother to have users do any actual testing with this garbage?  Were there any focus groups where the actual product was demonstrated and compared to what already existed?  This is the Windows Vista for a cable box.  You completely missed the mark with this update

Nilsa's new post "Welcome to your new viewing experience" is INSULTING! considering the complaints
dodzter1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nilsa's post "Fios TV Interactive Media Guide (IMG) Welcome to your new viewing experience" is truly insulting. There is nothing to welcome. Now they're trying to make it sound like they have given us something great. Lame attempt at PR. It's like they're trying to sell hot wings in Hades. More proof we're just stuck with it. They're just going to try and convince us how great it is despite our HUNDREDS of complaints. Nilsa, Verizon has RUINED our viewing experience. I know you're just doing your job. But we have to use every tool in the toolbox to convince Verizon they have made a HUGE mistake. We demand action! Not a whitewash of our strong opposition to this AWFUL new guide. I was hoping for a post like "We heard you! We are taking actions to restore your viewing experience to what you enjoyed!" No such luck is guess.

Samps1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The lag is awful.  It seems to lag on channel input too.  When entering a 3 digit channel, the middle number doesn't get in half the time.  For example, click "570 enter". Fios slowly brings up channel 57.  Try again.  Fios shows channel 5.

This update is garbage

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Read "Welcome to your new viewing experience"  it's so ridiculous. 

Carl94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought it was just me! I do not like this new guide. It is too hard to read; too small and too busy. And the color coded lines are missing and I miss the option to switch between the different guide views. I agree with everything you all are saying. Looks likes it’s time to switch back to Comcast/xfinity!!

CMC14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please allow an option to NOT show the info bar at the bottom of the screen when using DVR fast forward and reverse 30 sec controls. This is SO annoying. I just want to skip back or ahead without needing to know what channel I am on or what I am watching. Many time I watch NFL games on my DVR and hit > to move ahead 30 sec after each play to the next play. Now the info banner comes on and I can't see the game info.  8>((((