Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
inovate71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please give us the option to go back to the old channel guide system. Add an option in the settings so we can opt out of this horrible channel guide that does not respond to the remote. It is truly horrible. All we ask is for a choice. Thank you

tsp20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every day I find something even more frustrating. The newest is recording a series. With the old guide, when recording a series you used to have the option of "recording series with options" and you could set everything at one time. Now you only have the initial choice of "recording series."  You have to wait about 30 seconds for that process.  Then you have to select another button to select the recording options.  The new guide continues to be sluggish and slow.   Verizon, you have to change this.  The old guide was fantastic.  You removed all of the features that made that guide nearly perfect.  I have been resisting cutting the cord, but I truly think it's in my future now.

Abby261
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new update is so bad that my whole family is willing to drop Fios and just pay for streaming apps!

BSilc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not found one thing I like or that is useful to me in the new interface. It is slower, clunkier, harder to read, less fun and less informative. Please give us an option to go to the previous version. The revised "last show" function and "closed caption" features are awful. Ugh!

BigMikeH
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ridiculous! Absurd! HATE IT!!!  Did Verizon actually pay and listen to some genius or geniuses to absolutely totally ruin watching my DVR. My "Viewer's Experience" is downright horrible. When FF or rewinding do we really need a big banner block what we're watching to inform us what we're watching (duh!) for 6 seconds. If I somehow don't know what I'm watching there is an info key I can press!  FF thru any sporting event and not being able to see the next play because of this 6 second banner defeats the purpose. Every update change is senseless. On the phone for 45 minutes with a tech trying to reset banners and whatever else the tech could think of to no avail. Let's hope Verizon can fix what they broke as fast as they broke it. It's been a month.

Wakeup. If not, I'm going to streaming and paying $200 less per month than I am now. $2400 a year less for internet only. 

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

77 pages and counting and not 1 person has a positive thing to say so I'll start.

I'm POSITIVE that this upgrade is horrible and we need the old guide back.  Last night trying to watch TV was painful and tiring.  The lag, the guide, the junk all over the screen just makes for a terrible experience.

cmgbentleyboo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree, please allow option for prior version.

Guide Update is so back I'm switching providers
Help4me1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also made an account for the sole purpose of complaining about this update. It's terrible. It took technology back 10 years.  Who decided this new guide was a good idea? I agree with all of the posts.
My specific irritation is the Back function on the guide is gone. When I am scrolling thru the guide and hit Info on a program, how do I return back to the guide to continue scrolling where I left off? You can't! You need to start scrolling back at the channel you are on. What a waste of time. It's 200 channels ago.  It used to be the Left Arrow button would take me from Info back to the guide so I could continue scrolling from where I left off, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. This is enough to get me to switch from Verizon. It's that bad. The color coding and sluggish system were bad enough, but this feature missing is unforgivable.

Too bad. They had good internet. 

New Guide
Griswolds2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Guide released late September/early October is extremely slow. There is a delay anywhere from a couple seconds to over 30 seconds after I press the guide button, and also slow when paging through the guide results. Are there any options to correct this?

NEW GUIDE SETS US BACK 10 YEARS IN TECHNOLOGY!!
SUE110
Enthusiast - Level 2

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DONT FIX IT" is a motto I grew up with.  Guess the geniuses at Fios development didn't.  Your new guide is a piece of trash that looks like something from my old Atari.  Please read the 100's of pages of revolting comments about your horrible guide AND GET BACK TO US WITH SOME IDEAS of what we can expect that you REALLY will be doing about this!  YOU OWE US THAT MUCH.

You are not the only game in town.  Someone get me a scissors to cut this cord!