Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Beebs348
Enthusiast - Level 1

New guide is horrible. I can’t read it. The former one was the best. I hate the new one

Re: New guide too slow. Makes watching TV so irritating.
ghkokapell
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is horrible.  I use to find sports or movies so quickly because they were colored coded, not now.  Way too much information on a black screen.  When I want to select 'last' on the remote it takes forever to show the programs.  When you select the guide you can no longer see the show you were waiting in the upper left corner.  And who really cares if there is a picture of the show that is highlighted in the guide.  And the banner at the bottom?  Worthless.  Maybe it's time to go to YouTube tv.  Cheaper and functions much better.  

ghkokapell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with all said.  In fact I am seriously considering cancelling Verizon and going to YouTube TV

Tjk11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let’s look on the bright side: since the new guide says “free-to-me”, I guess I’ll never have to pay another verizon bill!

Although, even if it was free, I’d still hate the new guide/dvr experience....

”ROLL IT BACK! ROLL IT BACK! ROLL IT BACK!”

MikeyBop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would you guys chAnge something that there is absolutely no problem with?!? The old guide was one of the best things about Fios,,, now when I tell people who have optimum that Fios is vastly superior, one of the reasons being the guide and how user friendly it is,,, now that point is moot bc you guys changed it for no good reason. Really bad decision. Whoever thought that this is an “upgrade” should seriously have their mind evaluated. Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!

jdaviessp
Enthusiast - Level 1

If the intent was to take away features that users were comfortable with and had become accustomed to, to clutter the screen with unwanted promos and ads, and to make the interface so unresponsive that it is next to un-useable then you have succeeded.   If that was not the intent then your Product Team, Technical Advisors, and Management who approved this disaster should be fired. 

No doubt that you have helped accelerate Cord Cutting with this release.

PrabhuP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope who decided to make these changes are fired! This is the dumbest thing Verizon has done.

Coreylasko
Enthusiast - Level 1

On top of the menus now looking terrible and being hard to read, My box KEEPS CRASHING! If I fast forward / rewind / go to guide / hit the last button. This update is AWFUL! Why did they get rid of the color coordination?! WHO GOT PAID TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS!! 

Is anyone else having a crashing issue? Do I need to just take this one back and get a new one? 

JD544
Enthusiast - Level 1

This may well be the final reason to cut the cable. 

EmpirorsCrest
Enthusiast - Level 1

You used to be able to disable or decrease the time the banner showed after hitting skip. As many people have said this was a great feature. If you are watching baseball or football, you can skip in between pitches or downs. The new way is annoying. Last time Verizon upgraded they also eliminated the option to skip with out seeing the banner and people complained then. 

please fix again.