Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
EmpirorsCrest
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed

0 Likes
M8E
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of my wireless boxes is fully updated, my other wireless box is half updated and my main box connected through a coax is still on the old format. When I contacted Verizon they apologized and offered to send out a technician as there is obviously the issue. I said no way, why would I want some one to come out and make my service worse. The issue is a crappy upgrade no one asked for.

When I upgraded to Fios One my service was out for a week including my Internet which was essential for my job. I’m so annoyed right now.

What the hell were they thinking??? Do they listen to their customers???

How long will it take for them to get it right???

mattdaddy72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I canceled my Fios TV service a week ago and moved to YTTV. 

FWIW, my tvs have YTTV apps, but I decided to buy a FireStick, as I liked its remote and its extensible platform (lots of Amazon sanctioned and non-sanctioned apps alike).  

I used Fios TV for years and was very happy with it.  Lately, I've been watching it less as my family consumes more streaming content, relegating Fios' job to 1) being easy to use when I needed it; 2) providing sports content; and 3) providing a few kid channels.  The recent updates took away #1, leaving it way too expensive a solution for #2 and #3.  

I still use Fios' gigabit service, and am very pleased with it.  I will give them that due credit.  

uptwnmm8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree!  Give customers the option to use the old guide.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately it looks like Verizon is winning the "Guide War".  The complaining is starting to lose steam.  I hate this "upgrade" more and more as time goes on.  Just pathetically slow and user unfriendly.

Ironically today I was recognized as a "Top Fan" on Verizon's Facebook page for complaining about the guide.  That explains a lot.

Psihawk1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been a couple weeks and the guide is still terrible,  you cant even get used to it as its so bad.    Please tell us there is something in the works to make this better if even just slightly.

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I almost never use it.  If I don’t know the show/channel I want to watch, I go to Netflix. 

I don’t think the anger is losing steam per se.  people are still complaining daily. We just now know that Verizon doesn’t give a **** about its customers.  

brevoort_292
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.   The update  is HORRIBLE.  I find it very hard to believe that anyone reviewed/approved this from a Human Factors perspective.  The changes rendered FIOS guide less usable, less functional, with less performance (i.e. slow to respond)  and seemingly driven more by consistency with the poorly designed  On Demand design structure than anything else.

OldBay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worst update ever. The previous last button update was miserable, but you could disable it. Try flipping between football games and the bottom half of screen is consumed by clutter. Whoever designed this clearly doesn't watch TV much, or maybe they have DirecTV 🤦‍♂️

Re: New Fios “upgrade”
LL110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correction, you can advance through the day’s programming by using the down arrow on the remote, but only for that day. To go beyond that you need to go to the guide. 
i still cannot understand why the “skip to live tv” has been disabled. Also, the ability to skip ahead by large time intervals on prerecorded programming was very useful but no longer available. 
Does anyone know how to skip to live tv when in a delayed mode?

Is there anyone in the Fios R&D department with any influence who actually reads these posts? Are we just preaching to the choir?