Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
BomberB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to add my voice to those in the forum who've complained about the new change to the Fios DVR and Guide Update.  I and my wife find it a step back from what we had.  As someone else questioned, why wouldn't Fios have polled their customer base about making such a change.

Why not allow customers who don't like the change to go back to the prior system.  This is a significant change as its something you use extensively on a daily basis.  

If numbers mean anything, I hope others who happen on this forum will add their names to it.  

Enough is paid by all of us to Fios.  We deserve a better product than this guide or the option to go back to the prior one.  I hope you're listening Verizon.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Well, call me a skeptc but I  find it hand to believe.  I remain hopeful. 

0 Likes
Terrible11
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the worst guide I have ever seen. You can't read it because it is so small. No more color coded channels in the guide. You can't watch the show you were watching while searching for something else. You can't hit the info button to see how much time is left while watching the dvr. Who decided this was a good idea. Verizon should be ashamed and will lose customers over this. Time for a switch

48yearsold
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I can't read the guide now that they pushed out an update. It doesn't seem right that I have to get up and walk across the room to read the guide on my 60 inch tv. I think the font is smaller or the color combination is weird. There doesn't seem to be any way to make it bigger or change the contrast.

Please give us the ability to modify the settings or roll back to the old version.

Thanks!

Re: Problem with my channel guide...
Dana_Andrews
Enthusiast - Level 1

First time posting, perhaps someone has a thought.  In the new guide (I think this appeared only in the new guide), when I start looking thru it, the current channel I am watching no longer appears. Instead, in the upper left box, is just a static picture of the show.  I hate this, cause I like to see what the current channel is displaying as I am cycling thru the others in the Guide.  The audio plays, just no live video.

Just me, or do other folks have a similar dislike?  Any fix?  Any ideas where I go to ask for it to change (or at least have the option) for this?  Thanks.

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now what?  8:00 pm EST 2020-10-22:

The "LAST" button no longer updates with the currently viewed channel, so completely broken!  Trying to flip between NFL Thu night game and the Presidential debate.  Does not work on either box.  Gosh I hope this is not a fix to all of the LAST complaints!

MarkGuad
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my first time ever participating in one of these threads, but the new guide is THAT BAD!!! Please change it back!

Re: Recent STB Softare Upgrade Causes Slow Response Time
Unhappy121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. You need to enter the channel very slowly for it to respond correctly. I also don’t like the result you get when hitting LAST channel. What about LAST dont they understand. I think you Verizon, are listening to you techie programmers and not your customers. I’ve been very happy with Verizon for over 10 years but recent unexplained changes is starting me to think about changing providers. 

dragondad18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on board with a lot of the other complaints on here.  The old guide was not broken.

My biggest complaints;

1. The removal of the color coding.  I preferred to scroll to programs that were red for movies or green for sports.  It helped guide me!

2. The removal of the different types of guide surfing.  My wife liked to press the down arrow for one type of guide on the bottom and I pressed the up arrow for the side-guide.

3. IT'S SLOW.  Everything is delayed! Bringing up the guide. Plugging in a channel number.  Etc.  I can't tell you how many times I have already gone to the wrong channel because it doesn't register the numbers from the remote fast enough.  

4.  The Info screens for programs is even harder to see and access.

5. Just general performance.  

If it's a matter of the current box not being able to handle the new update, then we should be given new boxes before an upgrade.  But that still doesn't fix the problem of bad design and lost features.  How is an update with FEWER features good for anyone?

JDaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Software update added little functionality.

Bring back chapters.

Get rid of Now & Next when changing channels. Slows it down and covers bottom half of screen. Also when I haven't given it input for a while it usually misses the 1st number in a channel number.

I can no longer do two hour jumps in Guide. Fix back next buttons.

Ever since the "upgrade" the system has responded more slowly. Not an improvement. A prettier screen is less important than a fast responsive system.