Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
JDaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not solved. Broken. You took what worked and made it not work as well or not work at all.

Most frustrating. The whole system is slower to respond. Changing channels takes longer. The system is so slow it misses numbers entered if I go too fast. That was not a problem before.

Get rid of Now and Next. I can use the guide for that.

Tech121
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 2020 Fios update is a failure.  It is hard to read, serious lags when doing anything, boring display of the menu.  I actually thought my remote was broken as it was taking forever to select anything.  I purchased a new remote from Verizon and now realize it was not my remote but the miserable 😩 Fios update.  
please go back to the old software that WORKED.  
I have been a long time customer of Verizon FIOS but I am very unhappy with this software update.  I have a degree in Industrial Engineering.  In my shop is a big sign to remind me to keep it simple.  “If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.”  Advice that Verizon needs to follow. 

BigT-LadyL
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've been a graphical user interface designer for just over 25 years now. I've never posted on this forum before but the utter failure in ALL areas of this complete redesign is beyond stunning. Never mind the complete incompetence of the designers (unless their arms were twisted) it's the decision makers who roll this thing out!! ...they should UNQUESTIONABLY be fired. I don't think The firm I work for could design something so anti-ergonomic, illogical and unfunctional if we were paid a million dollars each.
Re: Recent Update Problems
Mgsea
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new update is horrible. Functions are incredibly sluggish   Changing channels sluggish. ForwaRd/reverse functions sluggish.   Can’t even get the channel guide to open.  Add in the on screen display blocking the content I want to see (the actual show, not Verizon stuff) and I’m ready to switch to Comcast. 

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update IN REPLY TO BigT-LadyL Contributor
SUE110
Enthusiast - Level 2

BRAVO!

You have said everything I was thinking!  Do me a favor and don't just let your comment go to just us...the paying customers. Please forward this to everyone that matters at Verizon Fios. 

No one could say it any better.

0 Likes
Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update IN REPLY TO BigT-LadyL Contributor
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SUE1 wrote:

BRAVO!

You have said everything I was thinking!  Do me a favor and don't just let your comment go to just us...the paying customers. Please forward this to everyone that matters at Verizon Fios. 

No one could say it any better.

A partial fix is being rolled out by geographic region. The most severe problems are addressed, and more is likely to come. Check on DSL Reports, Verizon forum, APR 7.5 for more details.

Re: Recent Update Problems
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saturday college football is coming up. I like to flip around games. Under the old guide, sports shows were in green so easy to pick them out.  The old guide included the teams playing as you scrolled through, so very easy to jump around to the games I wanted. And the channel numbers were large and readable. 

NOW . . . Every show is black so no quick or easy way to find the games.  Every entry says only “college football,” so no idea who is playing without stopping at each and every channel.  I thought about writing down on paper which game is on which channel. But I can’t read the channel numbers or icons on my 65” TV because they are too small.  So I have to manually enter each channel.  The sluggishness means I’ll get it wrong most of the time and have to renter it.  The “last button” is also sluggish and the pictures are hard to read to figure out which game to switch to. 

What should be a great day of football is totally ruined by Verizon and it’s terrible guide.  

Vown
Enthusiast - Level 2

My choice is cox but I am switching too

mister_fixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah enough of this nonsense, i'm dumping fios tv as soon as my firesticks show up, youtube tv is the way to go

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

The button labeled "Last" on our remotes for 1100 and 4100's can be configured to operate in one of 2 ways. You can either jump back and forth between your last 2 watched programs, or you can have it bring up the "Last Watched Rail" which contains more of your most recently watched content, including VOD and DVR shows.

Access Menu>Settings>System>Television>Last Watched Rail to enable and disable the Last Watched Rail.

Thanks.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II