Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
BRG99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Nilsa,

Can you, please, tell me when the latest FIOS TV interface APR 7.5 update will be available in Southeastern Massachusetts?

Bruce 

0 Likes
Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Nikki0383
Enthusiast - Level 1

New Fios guide is horrible. All of my station icons are gone. I have no idea which channels are which apart from the channel number. Getting rid of the color coding is also an issue. It is now so hard to read as well. As if 2020 couldn’t be any worse Fios did this. Whoever designed it should be fired. 

mike1662
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to add my extreme disapproval to the upgraded FIOS TV menu.  It is the worst ever.  It is very slow - way too long a latency in changing channels, etc.  It doesn't show the current show in the upper left box,.  Color coding used to be very helpful to ascertain the type of programming that was available.  Now gray scale which supposedly shows the current program behind it is worthless.  

What do we have to do to get the old menu back.  Other members are all correct - upgrade (if it can be called that) was made by a cretin (and I am being kind!!!) .  Project manager should be fired!     

Eastcoastmaiden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you please just put it back to the way it was a year ago? The last few updates have been horrible, starting with the “last” button. This used to flash back to the last channel instantly. Now it pauses everything, then brings up a list of the last few things you watched. I hate this feature. I just want to go back to the last channel before the show is over... and this delay is so frustrating. Then the September update happened. What a nightmare. Instead of “fixing” this “update” how about you go back to the way it was last year. Please. I have limited time to relax and watch TV. The last thing I want to do in the ten minutes of time I have to relax in front of the tv is battle my slow to non responsive STB. 
I want the colored guide back- red movies, blue shows, etc. I want DVR chaptering back. I want my last channel button to actually go to the last channel I watched!! I pay a lot of $ for something that is now frustrating. I have 4 small media boxes and one DVR. I have a Fios WIFi Router and a FioS WIFi extender. I have digital voice. Going to get rid of all of it and that stupid useless battery backup in my house as well, that always beeps at 2 AM.. Why would you guys fix something that wasn’t broken? Were you bored? Been a customer for a long time. More than a decade. Not for much longer. 

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

From what I have been able to hear, there is an update going out which has changes driven by feedback from all of us, also don't be afraid to call in about the changes. I called in myself and learned Verizon is actually documenting all feedback about the changes to the guide which I believe is why some of the feedback is coming in this update.

From what I was able to tell it's already going out in some parts like Northern and Richmond, VA as well as Long Island.Keep your eyes peeled.

Source: I got a nice technician when I called in!

Beachgirljdb1

I’m in the Harrisburg PA area and have received the update on only my non DVR receivers.  My DVR is not showing the update.  Can someone tell me why?

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if you have q flashing light on the front of the DVR, if you do I might already be attenpting to update, otherwise I think you want to call in. Tech support can force the update onto the box for you in your specific case. I remember them being able to do it back when netflix was added.

Disneyfan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree!

My whole family complained so much about the new (October) guide that I hade to create this account to complain 

THIS IS NOT SOLVED!!!! Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

This post is marked as solved and we all know IT IS NOT SOLVED so it needs to be changed to UNSOLVED! If you chose SOLVED, change it back. If you are Verizon and changed it to solved, change it back. Or stop sending everyone to this post that makes people believe there is an ACTUAL SOLUTION TO THIS UPDATE NIGHTMARE!

Markm11111

I think the new guide is simply atrocious. My question is why isn’t there an option for each viewer?

0 Likes