Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
SJW-in-MA
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is absolutely AWFUL!

• Response is incredibly sluggish - takes way too much time for commands and input to be registered 
  • Then, the switch between channels is incredibly sluggish - 
  • I used to use the half-screen guide - that way i would scroll through the guide while still watching a show - that they call the new guide "Transparent" is a joke!
  • I just want to be able to switch back and forth between two shows quickly - 
  • The new guide suffers from TMI - WAY too much information - give me options on how i want to view the guide
  • The info button blanks out half the screen and does not auto-disappear.

Basically - IT IS BAD!!!!!!!!

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Camden2
Enthusiast - Level 1

A step backwards.  Don’t like anything about their changes. 

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Really01
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s obvious you never beta test for user input?  THIS UPDATE IS AWFUL!!!  I HATE IT!!!

robertg221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the new Fios interface changes suck.

The only good thing is the basic layout of the full screen guide page with the description at the top. But they have made some of the fonts so small they are impossible to read without at 96in tv which not everyone can afford.  Another problem with the description area is that they make the show episois name the largest font. This is fine for movies but is totally useless for TV shows where the name of the show should be the largest font. Another feature that seems to be gone is the ability to jump ahead in the guide by 2 hours. Now I can only do full day jumps. The channel numbers are also to small to read. 

The lower third description is the next area of major problems. Again the name of the  TV show should be the largest font, not the name of the episode.  The second problem is that the lower third stays on the screen too long. It would be better if it didn't even show up when you pause/FF/rewind a program. In the older software there was a way to change the amount of time the lower third is on the screen but that feature seems to be gone.  Again the fonts are to small to be readable.  The same readability problem applies to the ''option'' choices, fonts to small. 

ChicBlue
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW! Thank you Verizon. Perhaps you could consider getting feedback from customers before making changes like this?? 

Rybo917
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new menu is terrible. Looks ok, but is incredibly slow. Seriously slow, i hate fios now

satchmo281
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nilsa,

The changes you enumerate are simply an attempt to get your customers back to a level of service you once provided.  The attempt is a move in the correct direction.  It is simply an attempt that falls short.  There are a number of features still missing that users once had.  So we are still on the negative side in respect to this change.

I mentioned in my initial post that this must have been a cost saving move by Verizon.  My guess is that it will not be.  The number of customers that move to other cable providers or cut the cable will offset any cost savings.  This is the same guide Comcast has been using for years.  I have had my friends, who are Comcast customers, mention how the old FIOS guide was superior to their guide.  I agreed. I won't be hearing that any longer.  

This change to the guide was a serous misstep. 

skuhlie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the color coding also.

whythechanges
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was a Comcast customer for 20+ years and the only reason I left them was because they changed their guide years ago to the same nonsense FIOS has just implemented.

Before Verizon decided to make changes that weren't necessary,  if you were in the guide a few days or weeks ahead and you hit "info" or "set reminder" you could easily hit the "back" arrow to take you back to the same spot in the guide you were on.  Now, there is no way to take you back to where you were in the guide.  VERIZON-  PLEASE PUT THIS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY BACK!!!!!!

Re: How to get live tv to show in corner of guide?
Sherwood121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it ver difficult to read - get frustrated and go to Netflix

0 Likes